Late Homer Wins It for Reading, 3-1 over Portland
Reading, Pa. - Adam Haseley snapped a 1-1 tie with a two-run homer (#4) in the eighth inning, leading the Reading Fightin Phils (20-16) to a 3-1 win over the Portland Sea Dogs (12-25) on Friday night at FirstEnergy Stadium. Reading has won the first two games of the series.
Portland took a 1-0 lead in the fourth inning on a lead-off homer by Luke Tendler. The homer was the second for Tendler this season.
Reading responded against Dedgar Jimenez (ND) on a run-scoring single by Henri Lartigue. Jimenez allowed nine runners over the first four innings but retired the last eight batters faced.
Fightins lefty Jakob Hernandez (2-0) retired all four batters to earn the win in relief. J.D. Hammer fanned the side in the ninth inning for his second save.
Adam Lau (0-2) took the loss, allowing the Haseley homer with nobody out in the eighth inning. Mickey Moniak (3-for-4) jump-started the rally with a single.
Jeremy Rivera led Portland's offense by going 3-for-4. Durbin Feltman pitched a perfect eighth. Phillies infielder Scott Kingery went 1-for-4 on a Major League Rehab Assignment.
The Sea Dogs and Reading Fightin Phis continue their four-game series with a 6:15 first pitch on Saturday night at FirstEnergy Stadium. Lefty Kyle Hart (3-4, 2.59) takes on Reading RHP Ramon Rosso (2-1, 2.73). Radio coverage on the WPEI U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network begins at 6:00 PM. The game is available on the tune-in app and MiLB.TV.
Tickets for any game at Hadlock Field can be purchased at 207-879-9500 or seadogs.com. Book your nine inning vacation today!
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Pork Roll Cruise to "Spiedie" Victory - Trenton Thunder
- RubberDucks Explode for 10 Runs in Victory - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves Drop One-Run Affair at Bowie - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Earn 4-3 Comeback Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Jones and Davidson Power Sens to 7-5 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Haseley Homers in the Eighth for 3-1 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- Late Homer Wins It for Reading, 3-1 over Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats Cool off Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Can't Overcome Early Deficit in Loss to Senators - Altoona Curve
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- El Trueno de Trenton Meet Local Stars - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 17th at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Sea Dogs Stories
- Reyes Fires Seven Scoreless in a 4-0 Win at Harrisburg
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 18th at Harrisburg
- Red Sox 2018 World Series Trophy Coming to Hadlock Field on July 23rd
- Portland Takes Series with a 10-4 Win on Wednesday Afternoon
- Celtics' Romeo Langford Coming to Hadlock on August 20th