Sea Dogs Walk-Off with a Win for the Third Straight Game
Portland, Maine - The Portland Sea Dogs (45-24) walked-off with a win for the third consecutive game. Devlin Granberg singled in the bottom of the 10th inning to score Pedro Castellanos giving the Sea Dogs a 6-5 win over the Harrisburg Senators (25-46).
The Sea Dogs won five of six from the Senators and have won 18 of their last 19 games. The Sea Dogs continue to own the best record in Double-A baseball.
Chris Sale allowed two runs on six hits over 3 2/3 innings. He struck out nine and did not issue a walk. He tossed 64 pitches, 46 for strikes.
The Sea Dogs clubbed three home runs in the game.
Ryan Fitzgerald hit his ninth home run of the season in the second inning to give the Sea Dogs a 1-0 lead.
Harrisburg tied the game at one in the top of the third inning when Osvaldo Duarte homered off Sale. Cole Freeman followed with a double and Rhett Wiseman with a single. Sale struck out KJ Harrison for the second out of the inning. Nick Banks was hit by a pitch to load the bases. Sale struck out Jackson Cluff to escape the jam without any further damage.
Pedro Castellanos and Tyreque Reed both homered in the third inning. Castellanos hit his 11th home run, a solo shot to break the 1-1 tie. The day after hitting a walk-off home run for his first Double-A longball, Reed struck again with two-run homer to extend the Portland lead to 4-1.
Duarte doubled for his second extra-base hit off Sale with two out in the third inning-ending Sale's outing. Dominic LoBrutto entered the game for the Sea Dogs and surrendered an RBI single to Cole Freeman. Freeman would score on a Wiseman single as Harrisburg cut the lead to 4-3.
Portland added a run in the fifth when Jeisson Rosario scored on a Devlin Granberg single.
Harrisburg rallied to tie the game at five in the ninth inning to send the game into extra innings. Brady Lindslu singled and Duarte doubled, his third hit of the game. Both would score when Wiseman doubled to left-center field.
Aaron Scherff (1-0) earned his first Double-A win, he entered the game with a runner on third and one out in the tenth. He was able to work around two walks to hold the Senators scoreless.
The Sea Dogs have Monday off before starting a six-game series with the New Hampshire Fisher Cats on Tuesday at 6:00 PM at Hadlock Field.
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from July 25, 2021
- Patriots Flatten the Curve in Shutout on Sunday - Altoona Curve
- Patriots Shut out Curve in Finale - Somerset Patriots
- Senators Walked off at Portland... Again - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Walk-Off with a Win for the Third Straight Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- RubberDucks Hold off Richmond Flying Squirrels, 3-2, in Series Finale - Akron RubberDucks
- Goats Hit Four Home Runs In 13-6 Victory Over Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Yard Goats Pound Baysox with 18-Hit Attack, Win 13-6 - Hartford Yard Goats
- Ponies Fall to SeaWolves in Series Finale - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Groshans, Castillo Lead Fisher Cats to 3-1 Win over Fightin Phils - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Flying Squirrels Drop Fifth Straight with 3-2 Loss to 'Ducks - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie Plates Nine Runs to Cap Binghamton Series with Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Reading Splits Series with New Hampshire in Sunday Loss - Reading Fightin Phils
- July 25, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Information - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.