Sea Dogs Bats Explode in 14-3 Victory over Hartford
Hartford, Connecticut - The Portland Sea Dogs beat the Hartford Yard Goats, 14-3 on Thursday night at Dunkin' Donuts Park. The Sea Dogs sent 15 batters to the plate, scoring 11 runs on 10 hits in the second inning.
Brayan Bello earned his second victory of the season tossing 5.0 innings allowing one run on three hits while walking three and striking out six. Rio Gomez continued his scoreless streak with 1.0 shutout inning tonight. Gomez has not allowed a run in his last 16 games (24.0 innings), dating back to July 8th.
The Yard Goats were first to strike in the bottom of the first inning. Michael Toglia drove home Sean Bouchard with an RBI double and Hartford jumped out to the 1-0 lead.
In the top of the second inning, Ryan Fitzgerald reached on a one-out triple to the rightfield corner. Cameron Cannon singled him home and the game was tied, 1-1. Jeisson Rosario then singled down the left field line. Tyreque Reed brought home Cannon with a base hit, and Portland took the lead, 2-1 Devlin Granberg then singled to left field and Triston Casas drew a walk, loading the bases. Ronaldo Hernandez drilled a three-run triple to right field and the Sea Dogs continued to lead, 6-1. Hudson Potts ripped an RBI double to left field and it was 7-1 Portland. The Sea Dogs loaded the bases for the second time in the inning and Tyreque Reed drove them all home with a bases clearing double and it was 11-1 after the second inning.
Hudson Potts led off the top of the fourth inning with a home run to right field and the Sea Dogs led, 12-1. Potts now has 10 homers this season.
Portland struck again in the top of the fifth inning. Back-to-back RBI singles by Hernandez and Potts extending the Sea Dogs' lead, 14-1.
Coco Montes flared a two-run single to right field in the bottom of the eighth inning and the Yard Goats continued to trail, 14-3.
The Sea Dogs and Yard Goats meet again tomorrow, Friday, September 18th at 7:05pm. Portland will send RHP Josh Winckowski (7-3, 4.31 ERA) to the mound while Hartford will start RHP Michael Baird (1-2, 5.84 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from September 16, 2021
- Patriots Clinch Division Behind Bastidas Blasts - Somerset Patriots
- Ducks in Tie with Patriots After 10-4 Loss - Akron RubberDucks
- Michael Toglia Has Three Hits in Loss to Portland - Hartford Yard Goats
- Sea Dogs Bats Explode in 14-3 Victory over Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Ponies Halt Skid with Win over Fightins - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Altoona Snaps Bowie's 10 Game Winning Streak - Bowie Baysox
- MacGregor Dazzles in Altoona Victory on Thursday Night - Altoona Curve
- Castillo Tosses Five Strong Innings in Fisher Cats 4-3 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Stephen's Homer Not Enough in R-Phils Loss - Reading Fightin Phils
- SeaWolves Shutout Squirrels Thursday Night - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Brieske Shines as SeaWolves Shut out Richmond - Erie SeaWolves
- September 16, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Hernandez Homers Twice as Sea Dogs Fall to Yard Goats - Portland Sea Dogs
- Game Information - Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Erie SeaWolves
- Goats Win Slugfest; Matt Barnes Pitches Rehab Stint in Hartford - Hartford Yard Goats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.