Castillo Tosses Five Strong Innings in Fisher Cats 4-3 Loss
Manchester, N.H. - Maximo Castillo allowed one run in five innings in his final start of the season for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Toronto Blue Jays Double-A affiliate), but the Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals) rallied for a 4-3 win on Thursday night at Delta Dental Stadium.
The Fisher Cats took the field as the visiting team in a scheduled seven-inning game. New Hampshire took a 3-1 lead to the bottom of the seventh, but Harrisburg (42-73) scored a run on a sacrifice fly by Jacob Rhinesmith, and won the game with a two-out, two-run double by Gilbert Lara.
The Fisher Cats (49-55) scored the game's first run in the top of the second inning. Reggie Pruitt ripped a two-out single and Hugo Cardona doubled in his first Double-A at-bat to score Pruitt for a 1-0 lead.
New Hampshire scored again in the top of the fourth inning. Chavez Young beat out an infield single, stole second, scoring on a double by Ryan Gold for to put the Fisher Cats up 2-0.
The Senators put together a walk and a single for a run in the bottom of the fourth to trim the Fisher Cats lead to 2-1. KJ Harrison walked, and moved to second on a balk. Jake Alu plated the run with a single to left field.
It was 3-1 after Young walked in the sixth, and scored on a double by Nick Podkul.
Castillo, who leads all Double-A pitchers with eleven wins, allowed just three hits over his five innings, walking one and striking out five. Curtis Taylor (L, 2-3) was tagged with the loss.
The Fisher Cats and Senators meet again on Friday night at 6:35 p.m. The final series of the season continues through Sunday with Atlas Fireworks Shows following the contests on Friday and Saturday. For tickets, visit nhfishercats.com.
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from September 16, 2021
- Patriots Clinch Division Behind Bastidas Blasts - Somerset Patriots
- Ducks in Tie with Patriots After 10-4 Loss - Akron RubberDucks
- Michael Toglia Has Three Hits in Loss to Portland - Hartford Yard Goats
- Sea Dogs Bats Explode in 14-3 Victory over Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Ponies Halt Skid with Win over Fightins - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Altoona Snaps Bowie's 10 Game Winning Streak - Bowie Baysox
- MacGregor Dazzles in Altoona Victory on Thursday Night - Altoona Curve
- Castillo Tosses Five Strong Innings in Fisher Cats 4-3 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Stephen's Homer Not Enough in R-Phils Loss - Reading Fightin Phils
- SeaWolves Shutout Squirrels Thursday Night - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Brieske Shines as SeaWolves Shut out Richmond - Erie SeaWolves
- September 16, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Hernandez Homers Twice as Sea Dogs Fall to Yard Goats - Portland Sea Dogs
- Game Information - Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Erie SeaWolves
- Goats Win Slugfest; Matt Barnes Pitches Rehab Stint in Hartford - Hartford Yard Goats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- MiLB and Marvel Entertainment Collaborate to Launch "Marvel's Defenders of the Diamond" Program
- Fisher Cats End Season on Three-Game Winning Streak
- Fisher Cats Shut out Senators, 4-0
- Castillo Tosses Five Strong Innings in Fisher Cats 4-3 Loss
- Wednesday Night's Fisher Cats and Senators Game Will Not be Completed Due to Rain