Scott Suggs records season-high 30 points in 2015-16 finale
Scott Suggs recorded a personal season-high 30 points to lead Raptors 905 to a 107-105 win over the Canton Charge in the Mississauga club's season finale Friday night at Hershey Centre in Mississauga. Raptors 905 finished its inaugural season with a 23-27 record, including wins in seven of its last eight games.
Tied 17-17 with less than four minutes to play in the first quarter, Raptors 905 went on a 12-2 run to gain a 10-point lead near the end of the frame and took a 31-22 lead into the second quarter. In the second period, the teams went back and forth, with Canton drawing the game to within one midway through the quarter, only to see the Mississauga club stretch its lead back to 10, then the Charge brought it back to within four by halftime, 54-50.
Canton took its first lead since midway through the first quarter early in the third quarter, riding a 15-6 run to a five-point lead halfway through the frame, but Raptors 905 rebounded with a 17-7 run in the final five minutes of the period to carry an 82-77 lead into the fourth quarter. The final period saw six lead changes in the first four-and-a-half minutes before Raptors 905 took the lead for good.
Leading Raptors 905 in points were Suggs (30), Davion Berry (23), E.J. Singler (20), Shannon Scott (12) and Bruno Caboclo (11). Singler completed a double-double with 13 rebounds while Caboclo had a franchise-record six blocked shots. Scoring in double digits for the Charge were John Holland (27), Quinn Cook (22), Juvonte Reddic (17) and Nick Minnerath (14). Reddic had a double-double with 10 rebounds while Cook had a double-double with 11 assists.
Raptors 905 led Canton in field goal percentage (44.8-40.8), three point percentage (35.3-35.1), free throw percentage (85.0-72.7) and fast-break points (23-19), while the Charge held the advantage in points in the paint (50-48) and second-chance points (19-9).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 1, 2016
- Warriors Fall in Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sioux Falls Skyforce Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Edge Los Angeles D-Fenders 115-108 - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Cannen Cunningham and Ryan Manuel - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Closes Season with Loss to Texas - Oklahoma City Blue
- Scott Suggs records season-high 30 points in 2015-16 finale - Raptors 905
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge End Season Even with Franchise Record - Canton Charge
- Westchester Knicks Win Regular Season Road Finale against Sevens - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks to Make First-Ever Playoff Appearance on Tuesday, April 5 - Westchester Knicks
- Eastern Conference Semifinals Schedule Set - G League
- Red Claws Announce Playoff Schedule - Maine Red Claws
- Playoff Game 1 In Canton Tuesday, April 5th - Canton Charge
- Kings Recall Dukan and Moreland from Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce "Can D.J. Dunk over You?" Promotion - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Add Melvin Johnson III for Last Game - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Comes up Short in Home Finale - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Raptors 905 Stories
- Future Sport Lab Startups Showcase Innovation with Ryerson and MLSE Leaders
- Chris Boucher and Jordan Loyd Named to All-G League Team
- Chris Boucher Named the 2018-19 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and the 2018-19 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One
- Raptors 905 Claim Wade Baldwin IV