Blue Comes up Short in Home Finale
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Blue fell to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, 122-117, in its final home game of the season on Thursday.
Seven Blue players scored in double figure, led by Oklahoma City Thunder forward Mitch McGary with 21 points on 8-of-11 shooting. McGary added six rebounds and two assists. Fellow Thunder assignment Josh Huestis scored 10 points with two rebounds, two assists and two steals.
Dakari Johnson totaled 19 points, shooting 9-of-11, and tallied on 12 rebounds. Dwight Buycks put together 15 points and six assists and Marquis Teague finished with 14 points and 10 dimes. Jannero Pargo scored 13 points in his Blue debut and Tomislav Zubcic contributed 11 points.
The Blue jumped out to a 25-6 advantage in the game's first eight minutes, closing the frame with a 13 point lead. Rio Grande Valley strung together a strong second quarter, outscoring the Blue 41-25 to enter halftime with a 60-57 lead.
After neither team led by more than two possessions in the first 23 minutes of the second half, the Vipers entered the game's final minute with a 111-107 lead. Rio Grande Valley shot 11-for-13 from the foul line in the final 40 seconds to hold off the Blue.
Oklahoma City (19-30) shot 49.0 percent and distributed 29 assists.
Rio Grande Valley (28-21) was led by Jaron Johnson with 23 points and nine boards.
The Blue concludes its 2015-16 campaign on Friday in Frisco, Texas against the Texas Legends. The contest will tip at 7:00 p.m. on OklahomaCityBlue.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 1, 2016
- Warriors Fall in Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sioux Falls Skyforce Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Edge Los Angeles D-Fenders 115-108 - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Cannen Cunningham and Ryan Manuel - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Closes Season with Loss to Texas - Oklahoma City Blue
- Scott Suggs records season-high 30 points in 2015-16 finale - Raptors 905
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge End Season Even with Franchise Record - Canton Charge
- Westchester Knicks Win Regular Season Road Finale against Sevens - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks to Make First-Ever Playoff Appearance on Tuesday, April 5 - Westchester Knicks
- Eastern Conference Semifinals Schedule Set - G League
- Red Claws Announce Playoff Schedule - Maine Red Claws
- Playoff Game 1 In Canton Tuesday, April 5th - Canton Charge
- Kings Recall Dukan and Moreland from Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce "Can D.J. Dunk over You?" Promotion - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Add Melvin Johnson III for Last Game - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Comes up Short in Home Finale - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter