Austin Spurs Edge Los Angeles D-Fenders 115-108
CEDAR PARK, Texas - Deshaun Thomas posted a team-high 25 points as the Austin Spurs defeated the Los Angeles D-Fenders 115-108 Friday night at Cedar Park Center.
Cady Lalanne posted 21 points for Austin (29-20), while teammate Demetri McCamey contributed 13 points in the winning effort.
Ryan Gomes led Los Angeles (27-22) with 31 points, and teammate Josh Magette recorded 20 points.
Starting the game on a 15-4 run, Los Angeles took an early lead in the first quarter. Austin narrowed the gap, and Los Angeles finished the quarter with a 33-24 lead. Leading by as many as 11, Los Angeles connected on 55.2 percent (12-of-23) of their shots from the field, including 50 percent (4-of-8) from three-point range.
Austin controlled the second quarter, outscoring Los Angeles 33-15 and taking their first lead of the game, 47-44, with three minutes remaining on a 3-point basket by Thomas. Thomas led Austin in scoring for the first half with 21 points, while Ryan Gomes paced Los Angeles with 11 points. Austin led Los Angeles at halftime, 57-48.
Lalanne and Nick Johnson paced Austin with seven points each to help the team see their largest lead of the game (17) in the third quarter. The team finished the quarter with an 89-74 lead.
Los Angeles closed the gap in the fourth coming within five with 30 seconds remaining, but Austin finished strong with a 115-108 victory.
Austin is back at Cedar Park Center tomorrow night for their last regular season game against the Texas Legends at 7 p.m. (CST) for Fan Appreciation Night. For ticket information, visit austinspurs.com or call (512) 236-8333.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 1, 2016
- Warriors Fall in Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sioux Falls Skyforce Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Edge Los Angeles D-Fenders 115-108 - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Cannen Cunningham and Ryan Manuel - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Closes Season with Loss to Texas - Oklahoma City Blue
- Scott Suggs records season-high 30 points in 2015-16 finale - Raptors 905
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge End Season Even with Franchise Record - Canton Charge
- Westchester Knicks Win Regular Season Road Finale against Sevens - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks to Make First-Ever Playoff Appearance on Tuesday, April 5 - Westchester Knicks
- Eastern Conference Semifinals Schedule Set - G League
- Red Claws Announce Playoff Schedule - Maine Red Claws
- Playoff Game 1 In Canton Tuesday, April 5th - Canton Charge
- Kings Recall Dukan and Moreland from Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce "Can D.J. Dunk over You?" Promotion - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Add Melvin Johnson III for Last Game - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Comes up Short in Home Finale - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.