Charge End Season Even with Franchise Record
The Canton Charge (31-19), presented by SecureData 365 and powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, ended the 2015-16 regular season with a 107-105 loss at the Raptors 905 at the Hershey Centre on Friday night. Canton's 31 wins tie the franchise record set last year in Head Coach Jordi Fernandez's first year leading the team.
The Charge had two attempts before the game's final buzzer to tie or take the lead after trailing by 10 with less than three minutes to play. Quinn Cook's three-pointer attempt and a 15-foot jump shot from Chris Crawford both missed the mark after Canton's defense got six straight stops to end the game and pull within two. The Charge will begin the playoffs at home on Tuesday, April 1st at 7:00 p.m.
Cook finished with 22 points, nine rebounds, and 11 assists in 39 minutes for Canton. John Holland hit 11-of-20 shots for 27 points in 39 minutes. The Charge dished out a season-high 33 assists on 42 field goals made. Juvonte Reddic posted a double-double of 17 points and 10 boards in 27 minutes.
Raptors 905 was led by Scott Suggs, scoring 30 points and grabbing eight rebounds in 45 minutes. Davion Berry hit 9-of-14 shots for 23 points. E.J. Singler came off the bench to score 20 points and grab 13 rebounds in 35 minutes for the 905.
Fans can get in the conversation on social media throughout the team's 2016 postseason run by using #FiveStrong. Tickets for Game 1 in Canton are on sale now and start at $8! Fans can purchase their tickets and be part of Wine & Gold history by calling the Charge office at 866-444-1944, heading to their nearest Ticketmaster outlet, or online at www.CantonCharge.com.
Get locked in as a member of Charge Nation for the 2016-17 season to reserve the best seats to catch all the excitement and gives you a host of benefits that start immediately! For Charge Nation Memberships, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944.
The Canton Charge, presented by SecureData 365, are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Majority Owner and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League and the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League, both of which play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 1, 2016
- Warriors Fall in Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sioux Falls Skyforce Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Edge Los Angeles D-Fenders 115-108 - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Cannen Cunningham and Ryan Manuel - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Closes Season with Loss to Texas - Oklahoma City Blue
- Scott Suggs records season-high 30 points in 2015-16 finale - Raptors 905
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge End Season Even with Franchise Record - Canton Charge
- Westchester Knicks Win Regular Season Road Finale against Sevens - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks to Make First-Ever Playoff Appearance on Tuesday, April 5 - Westchester Knicks
- Eastern Conference Semifinals Schedule Set - G League
- Red Claws Announce Playoff Schedule - Maine Red Claws
- Playoff Game 1 In Canton Tuesday, April 5th - Canton Charge
- Kings Recall Dukan and Moreland from Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce "Can D.J. Dunk over You?" Promotion - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Add Melvin Johnson III for Last Game - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Comes up Short in Home Finale - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Update on Dan Gilbert's Health
- Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters and Canton Charge Announce New-Look-Game Entertainment Teams
- Salt Lake City Summer League Announces Game Schedule
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win
- Charge Stall in Grand Rapids