Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie
FORT WAYNE, IN - The Mad Ants, sponsored by Lutheran Health Network, came out on top Friday night against the Erie BayHawks 117-101 at Allen Co. War Memorial Coliseum behind a strong performance from CJ Fair.
The final game of the Mad Ants 2015-16 season came down to a match-up with visiting Erie in front of a crowd of 4,517 strong, anxious to see the Mad Ants go out on a two game win streak. Erie jumped out to a quick lead in the first quarter, despite being outshot by the Mad Ants across the board, but the Mad Ants would force a 24-24 tie after twelve minutes of play. The BayHawks seized a nine point advantage, the most for them in the first half, but an offensive hot streak from Rakeem Christmas allowed the Mad Ants to take the lead around the 4:00 mark, powering the team to a 58-53 halftime advantage. Christmas led the Mad Ants with 11 points/8 rebounds at the half and Stephan Hicks, who is adapting to his recent role as a starter, followed with 10 points of his own.
The Mad Ants carried their lead through the entire third quarter, receiving help off the bench from CJ Fair who recorded 12 points after three, to power an 80-69 Mad Ants advantage heading into the final quarter of play for the 2015-16 season. Fair continued to light up the offensive side of the ball, finishing his night with a team leading 31 points, pushing momentum to the Mad Ants favor, ending their season on a high note with a 117-101 win over Erie. Hicks followed Fair with 15 points, while Michael Frazier and Rakeem Christmas finished with 13 points each, Christmas recording 13 rebounds as well.
Leading the way for the BayHawks, Aaron Harrison finished with 31 points and Aaron Bowen followed with 19 points.
Fort Wayne ends their season at 20-30, while Erie falls to 12-37.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 1, 2016
- Warriors Fall in Idaho - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sioux Falls Skyforce Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Edge Los Angeles D-Fenders 115-108 - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Acquire Cannen Cunningham and Ryan Manuel - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Closes Season with Loss to Texas - Oklahoma City Blue
- Scott Suggs records season-high 30 points in 2015-16 finale - Raptors 905
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Fair Leads Mad Ants in Final Game of the Season over Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge End Season Even with Franchise Record - Canton Charge
- Westchester Knicks Win Regular Season Road Finale against Sevens - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks to Make First-Ever Playoff Appearance on Tuesday, April 5 - Westchester Knicks
- Eastern Conference Semifinals Schedule Set - G League
- Red Claws Announce Playoff Schedule - Maine Red Claws
- Playoff Game 1 In Canton Tuesday, April 5th - Canton Charge
- Kings Recall Dukan and Moreland from Reno - Reno Bighorns
- Iowa Energy Announce "Can D.J. Dunk over You?" Promotion - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Add Melvin Johnson III for Last Game - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Comes up Short in Home Finale - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie BayHawks Stories
- Erie BayHawks Announce 2019-20 Single Game Tickets and Promotional Schedule
- Erie BayHawks Announce Junior Dance Team Auditions
- Erie BayHawks Announce Two New Ticket Initiatives for 2019-20 Season
- BayHawks Announce Six Select Dates for the 2019-20 Season
- Pelicans Sign Zylan Cheatham and Josh Gray to Two-Way Contracts