Salmon Kings sign forward Jason Bast
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Salmon Kings, proud affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks and Manitoba Moose, announced today that they have signed forward Jason Bast for the remainder of the 2009-10 season.
The Moose Jaw, SK native joins the Salmon Kings after finishing his Western Hockey League (WHL) season with the Moose Jaw Warriors where he registered 64 points (33g-31a) in 60 games played while serving 16 minutes in penalties. Bast also participated in seven WHL Playoff games this season with the Warriors where he scored seven goals and added three assists for 10 points with two penalty minutes. The forward was honoured as the team's most sportsmanlike player and the Boston Pizza WHL Player of the Week earlier this season for the week of October 5th - 11th.
The 5-9, 178 lb. forward spent his entire five-year junior career in the WHL with Moose Jaw. In 331 career games as a Warrior, Bast recorded 254 points (114g-140a) with 118 minutes in penalties. The 331 games played by the former Warriors' captain is an all-time franchise high. Bast also won the team's Most Valuable Player award for the previous three seasons, becoming the only player in Moose Jaw history to claim the honour on three different occasions.
Bast also represented Team WHL in one game of the 2008 Canada/Russia Challenge in Swift Current, SK.
The 20-year-old Bast is expected to be in the line-up when the Salmon Kings host the Utah Grizzlies this evening at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
The Salmon Kings' roster now sits at 24 players (15 forwards, 7 defenseman, and 2 goaltenders).
The Salmon Kings wrap-up the 2009-10 regular season against Utah tonight. Puck drop for the game is at 7:05 p.m. at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Tonight's contest is Fan Appreciation night where one lucky fan is guaranteed to win a 2009 Cadillac SRX courtesy of Dave Wheaton Chevrolet Buick Cadillac GMC and the Times Colonist. Tonight is also "Sellout Saturday". Nearly sold out, limited Club Seats and singles in the bowl are still available. Tickets are now available for the first two home dates of the opening round of the 2010 Kelly Cup Playoffs, with dates and times to be determined. For tickets, call 250-220-7777 or visit www.selectyourtickets.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2010
- Royals To Face K-Wings in American Conference Quarters - Reading Royals
- Checkers announce playoff schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Jackals victorious in Chiefs' final game - Elmira Jackals
- Grizzlies Complete Regular Season With 5-2 Win In Victoria - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads fall in Bakersfield - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Complete Regular Season with Offensive Explosion, 8-4 - Reading Royals
- Playoff Dates - Kalamazoo Wings
- Devils Continue Domination of Elmira, 5-3 - Trenton Devils
- K-Wings Announce 2009-10 Team Awards During Fan Appreciation Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo Scores Three Unanswered to Defeat Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Hang on to Beat Checkers, 4-3 - Florida Everblades
- Carroll Scores Late Goal To Secure Top Spot For First Time In Franchise History - Charlotte Checkers
- Stingrays Blank Gladiators in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Chiefs fall in finale - Johnstown Chiefs
- Robin Bouchard, Jeff Pyle and Don Money on This Week's Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Stingrays Finish Regular Season with 3-0 Win over Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones To Play South Carolina In Kelly Cup Playoffs - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Bid For Division Title Falls Short, 4-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings sign forward Jason Bast - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Nailers Top Cyclones 4-1 In Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Devergilio Recalled To AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Condors Vs. Idaho - Regular Season Finale Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Sign Lampe, Duffy Recalled - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Return For 19th Season In Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Individual Playoff Tickets On Sale Monday - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines And Suspensions - ECHL
- Josh Heidinger And Will Ortiz Sign With Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira At Johnstown - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Linglet Becomes 440th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Close Regular Season Against Gladiators Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bates Assist Ties Thunder Single Season Scoring Record - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Wrap Up #3 Seed - Alaska Aces
- Salmon Kings Clinch Playoff Berth - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Bakersfield Claims First-Ever Division Title With 2-1 Win Over Idaho - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Overpower Reign, 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Victoria Salmon Kings Stories
- Royals' Pink In The Rink Almost Sold Out
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff
- Salmon Kings Withdraw from ECHL
- Salmon Kings' Season Ends with Game 4 Loss
- Alaska takes 3-0 series lead with 6-2 victory over Victoria