Countdown To Face-Off
The ECHL's regular season curtain will fall tonight at Wings Stadium, as the Kalamazoo Wings host the Toledo Walleye. On the season, the K-Wings are 6-4-2-0 against the Walleye. This is the second straight meeting between the teams, with Kalamazoo defeating the Walleye last night 6-2 at Wings Stadium.
After 71 games, the North Division title and the American Conference crown will come down to tonight. Kalamazoo leads the division by a single point for the Cincinnati Cyclones. Kalamazoo also trails the Charlotte Checkers by one point for the overall top spot in the American Conference.
While the Walleye have already punched a playoff ticket, tonight will decide what seed Toledo will receive. With 77 points, Toledo is currently in eighth place in the American Conference, one point behind the Reading Royals, who clinched the conference's final playoff berth last night.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Toledo Walleye
Goals: Rick Cleaver (32 Goals) Evan Rankin (32 Goals)
Assists: Andrew Fournier (44 Assists) Maxime Tanguay (44 Assists)
Points: Rick Cleaver, Maxime Tanguay (69 Points)
Andrew Fournier (70 Points)
+/-: Devin Featherstone (+23) Ryan Stokes (+13)
Penalty Minutes: Darryl Lloyd (157 Minutes) Mark Nebus (141 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Rick Cleaver (12 Goals) Evan Rankin (9 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Brian McGuirk (4 Goals) Adam Hobson,
Chris Robertson (2 Goals)
Game Winning Goals: Mathieu Curadeau (6 GW) Jean-Claude Sawyer (7 GW)
Shots: Sam Ftorek (223 Shots) Evan Rankin (191 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Dean Strong (20.0%) Maxime Tanguay (21.7%)
Overtime Goals: Five Players Tied (1 Goal) Jean-Claude Sawyer (3 Goals)
Shootout Goals: Rick Cleaver (4 Goals) Maxime Tanguay (3 Goals)
Shootout Percentage: Matt Jones, Brian McGuirk (100%) Akim Aliu, Mike Hedden,
Derek Nesbitt, Maxime Tanguay (50%)
Goals Against Average: Riley Gill (2.48) Alec Richards (3.35)
Save Percentage: Riley Gill (0.929) Alec Richards (0.897)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time Series: 6-4-2-0
Season Series: K-Wings Lead Season Series: 6-4-2-0
Last Meeting: K-Wings Won 6-2 on April 3rd @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Next Meeting: Last Meeting of the Regular Season
Home Sweet Home
On the season, the K-Wings are 24-7-2-2 at Wings Stadium. The 24 wins are second most in the conference and third most overall in the entire league; with a win tonight, the K-Wings would tie the Charlotte Checkers and the Idaho Steelheads for the most regular season home victories in the ECHL.
Forwards Mathieu Curadeau, Trent Daavettila and Rick Cleaver all enter tonight on impressive multi-game point streaks. Curadeau has earned points in five straight games, while Cleaver and Daavettila have notched points in four straight contests.
Right at Home
Forward Dean Strong has definitely felt at home at Wings Stadium. Strong has earned points in all 15 games (11 goals, 11 assists) he has played on Vanrick Drive.
A lot on the Line
The K-Wings can secure a division title tonight with a win or a loss by the Cincinnati Cyclones. Kalamazoo can capture the American Conference crown with a win and a regulation loss by the Charlotte Checkers.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto www.kwings.com. The site has player profiles, information about Wings Stadium events, and much, much more.
Ftorek and Nie on the Radio
Join special guests Sam Ftorek and Ryan Nie as they join Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno this Monday on "K-Wings Live". The show is on The Classic Hits Station WLKM (95.9 FM) and online through the B-2 Networks through www.kwings.com from 7-8 p.m. at Old Burdick's Bar and Grill inside the Holiday Inn Kalamazoo on South 11th Street.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (95.9 FM WLKM & B-2 Networks on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Tuesday, April 6th Vs TBA 7:00 PM
(Game One, Round One, Kelly Cup Playoffs)
Wednesday, April 7th Vs TBA 7:00 PM
(Game Two, Round One, Kelly Cup Playoffs)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2010
- Royals To Face K-Wings in American Conference Quarters - Reading Royals
- Checkers announce playoff schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Jackals victorious in Chiefs' final game - Elmira Jackals
- Grizzlies Complete Regular Season With 5-2 Win In Victoria - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads fall in Bakersfield - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Complete Regular Season with Offensive Explosion, 8-4 - Reading Royals
- Playoff Dates - Kalamazoo Wings
- Devils Continue Domination of Elmira, 5-3 - Trenton Devils
- K-Wings Announce 2009-10 Team Awards During Fan Appreciation Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo Scores Three Unanswered to Defeat Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Hang on to Beat Checkers, 4-3 - Florida Everblades
- Carroll Scores Late Goal To Secure Top Spot For First Time In Franchise History - Charlotte Checkers
- Stingrays Blank Gladiators in Season Finale - Atlanta Gladiators
- Chiefs fall in finale - Johnstown Chiefs
- Robin Bouchard, Jeff Pyle and Don Money on This Week's Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Stingrays Finish Regular Season with 3-0 Win over Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones To Play South Carolina In Kelly Cup Playoffs - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cyclones Bid For Division Title Falls Short, 4-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings sign forward Jason Bast - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Nailers Top Cyclones 4-1 In Season Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Devergilio Recalled To AHL - Idaho Steelheads
- Condors Vs. Idaho - Regular Season Finale Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Everblades Sign Lampe, Duffy Recalled - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Return For 19th Season In Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Individual Playoff Tickets On Sale Monday - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines And Suspensions - ECHL
- Josh Heidinger And Will Ortiz Sign With Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira At Johnstown - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Linglet Becomes 440th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Close Regular Season Against Gladiators Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bates Assist Ties Thunder Single Season Scoring Record - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Wrap Up #3 Seed - Alaska Aces
- Salmon Kings Clinch Playoff Berth - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Bakersfield Claims First-Ever Division Title With 2-1 Win Over Idaho - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Overpower Reign, 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.