Rodriguez Lifts Baysox to Come from Behind Win
Hartford, CT - In the eighth inning, Aderlin Rodriguez started the rally. And in the ninth, he finished it. Rodriguez's two-out, two-run single lifted the Baysox to an improbable 7-5 come from behind victory in Hartford, CT Friday night.
Bowie trailed 5-2 with one out in the seventh inning. That's when Martin Cervenka sparked the rally with a solo home run on a line drive shot to left field. It was his 13th of the season. In the eighth inning, a two-out rally brought Bowie even. Rodriguez and Yusniel Diaz singled. That set the table for Austin Hays who lined a dipping drive into centerfield to score Rodriguez. A batter later, Anderson Feliz tied the game with a basehit to left field plating Diaz. The game was tied at 5-all.
In the ninth inning Rylan Bannon reached via a five-pitch walk. He then reached second safely as Ryan McKenna's bunt was thrown low and went skidding into center. After a Corban Joseph sac-bunt pushed runners to second and third, Ryan Mountcastle struck out looking. It set the table for Rodriguez. He lined a sharp single to left plating both Bannon and Joseph to give Bowie a 7-5 lead.
The Baysox trailed 4-0 early as starter Dillon Tate had a rocky start. He bounced back not allowing an earned run for the remainder of his six-inning outing. Jay Flaa (3-1) worked two scoreless innings to get the win and Branden Kline notched his 11th save with a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
The series continues Saturday, August 11th at 6:05 p.m. with the starter yet to be determined for the Baysox. Coverage begins 20-minutes prior on baysox.com, wnav.com and via the Tune-In Radio App by searching Baysox.
The next Baysox home game will be Tuesday, August 14th with a doubleheader beginning at 6:05 p.m. with Richmond. Bowie hosts the Squirrels for three nights culminating Thursday, August 16th with an appearance from former Washington Bullets great Phil Chenier. Get tickets at 301-464-4865 or purchase online at baysox.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 10, 2018
- 'Dogs Win 10-9 for the Second Straight Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- Marvel Shines in Debut, Curve Bats Go Silent in Loss - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs Get Better of RubberDucks in Hitting Duel - Akron RubberDucks
- Pinch-Hit Walkoff Gives Fightins Sixth Straight Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- Pitching Dominates in 3-1 Win over Altoona - Erie SeaWolves
- League-Best 'Cats Inch Closer to Playoff Berth - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Randolph Lifts off to Spoil Ponies' Late Push - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Strike Down Senators 10-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels Zipped by Zeuch; 'Cats Take Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rodriguez Lifts Baysox to Come from Behind Win - Bowie Baysox
- Three Home Runs Power Thunder to Victory - Trenton Thunder
- No Relief as Sox Undress Los Chivos - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #117 - Rumble Ponies (55-61) at Fightin Phils (55-60) - 7:15 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 10th at Akron - Portland Sea Dogs
- RubberDucks Broadcaster Jim Clark to Sign "Rally 'Round Cleveland - the Story of the 1974 Franchise-Saving Cleveland Indians" Saturday - Akron RubberDucks
- Game Notes vs. Altoona - Erie SeaWolves
- Pro Golfer Woody Austin to Throw First Pitch - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.