Pinch-Hit Walkoff Gives Fightins Sixth Straight Win
(Reading, PA) - The Fightin Phils won 5-2 on a beautiful Friday night in Baseballtown in front of 7,883 people. Cornelius Randolph provided fireworks before the scheduled postgame fireworks with a pinch-hit, three run home run. It is Randolph's second walk off this year.
Former Fightin Phils' pitcher Franklyn Kilome returned to Reading after being traded to the New York Mets on July 27th. Ironically, it was his best start at FirstEnergy Stadium as he struck out 10 over 6.2 innings giving up only 2 runs. However, Tyler Viza was a step above the Mets' number five prospect as he went seven innings striking out six, only giving up one run.
The Rumble Ponies scored their first run in the top of the seventh when Viza walked Will Toffey and Joey Terdoslavich followed with a single to move Toffey to third base. Tomas Nido hit a deep fly ball to center to score Toffey. They knotted the score at 2 in the top of the ninth off Kyle Dohy when Kevin Taylor hit a RBI single.
The Fightins were quiet until the seventh inning when Jan Hernandez singled and stole second base; he came around to score on a Drew Stankiewicz RBI single to right field. After Stankiewicz advanced to second on a passed ball, Austin Bossart gave the Fightins the lead with an RBI single to center.
America's Classic Ballpark is proud to be a part of Pennsylvania's Americana Region. Individual and group tickets for the 2018 season are available online at Fightins.com, by phone at 610-370-BALL, and in-person at FirstEnergy Stadium. Follow the Fightin Phils on Twitter at @ReadingFightins and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/fightins.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 10, 2018
- 'Dogs Win 10-9 for the Second Straight Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- Marvel Shines in Debut, Curve Bats Go Silent in Loss - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs Get Better of RubberDucks in Hitting Duel - Akron RubberDucks
- Pinch-Hit Walkoff Gives Fightins Sixth Straight Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- Pitching Dominates in 3-1 Win over Altoona - Erie SeaWolves
- League-Best 'Cats Inch Closer to Playoff Berth - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Randolph Lifts off to Spoil Ponies' Late Push - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Strike Down Senators 10-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels Zipped by Zeuch; 'Cats Take Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rodriguez Lifts Baysox to Come from Behind Win - Bowie Baysox
- Three Home Runs Power Thunder to Victory - Trenton Thunder
- No Relief as Sox Undress Los Chivos - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #117 - Rumble Ponies (55-61) at Fightin Phils (55-60) - 7:15 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 10th at Akron - Portland Sea Dogs
- RubberDucks Broadcaster Jim Clark to Sign "Rally 'Round Cleveland - the Story of the 1974 Franchise-Saving Cleveland Indians" Saturday - Akron RubberDucks
- Game Notes vs. Altoona - Erie SeaWolves
- Pro Golfer Woody Austin to Throw First Pitch - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.