Game Notes vs. Altoona
ERIE SEAWOLVES (54-61, 5th PLACE WEST, 11.5 GB) VS. ALTOONA CURVE (61-51, 2nd PLACE WEST, 3.0 GB)
RHP A.J. LADWIG (3-0, 2.60 ERA) vs. RHP JAMES MARVEL (AA DEBUT)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 10* 7:00 PM * BROADCAST: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, SEAWOLVES.COM, MILB.TV
PNG FIELD * GAME #116 *AWAY GAME #58 *NIGHT GAME #78
The Erie SeaWolves open up an important four game road series with the Altoona Curve (Pittsburgh Pirates) at PNG Field....The SeaWolves are coming off of a series win against the Portland Sea Dogs at UPMC Park....Erie dropped the series finale to the Sea Dogs 10-9...Willi Castro logged his fourth multi-hit game of the season for Erie, joined by multi-hit performances from Will Maddox and Dominic Ficociello....Alex Faedo has now lost in four straight games.....The righty allowed five runs on ten hits in the loss, including four home runs....Erie pitchers have now allowed 106 home runs combined on the season....The SeaWolves are now 16-21 in one-run games on the season...The SeaWolves are 7-9 on the season against the Curve....Erie now sits 8.5 games out of a playoff spot behind Altoona.....The SeaWolves are 3-4 on the year at PNG Field and it will be their first game there since May 6th....The SeaWolves have lost six of their last ten games....A.J. Ladwig will be making his second start of the season against the Altoona Curve and his sixth overall of the season for Erie....Ladwig won his last time out against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats and has yet to lose in an Erie uniform this season....The righty worked in a no-decision against Altoona on July 13th.....James Marvel will make his first Eastern League start for the Altoona Curve tonight.
SATURDAY VS. ALTOONA CURVE (PITTSBURGH PIRATES)- PNG FIELD- 4:30 PM
RHP Alfred Gutierrez (2-1, 3.71 ERA) vs. RHP Luis Escobar (2-0, 4.87 ERA)
SATURDAY VS. ALTOONA CURVE (PITTSBURGH PIRATES)- PNG FIELD- GAME 2
TBD vs. LHP Cam Vieaux (7-3, 3.66 ERA)
SUNDAY VS. ALTOONA CURVE (PITTSBURGH PIRATES)- PNG FIELD- 6:00 PM
RHP Spencer Turnbull (4-6, 4.69 ERA) vs. RHP Scooter Hightower (0-1, 4.66 ERA)
MONDAY VS. HARRISBURG SENATORS (WASHINGTON NATIONALS)- UPMC PARK- 7:05 PM
RHP Alex Faedo (1-4, 4.54 ERA) vs. TBD
-This is the 17th of 21 meetings between Erie and Altoona this season. The Curve lead 9-7.
- The SeaWolves are tied for fourth in the league with Altoona with a 3.93 team ERA.
- Erie catchers have combined to throw out 53 of 111 potential base stealers. Jake Rogers leads the league (42-for-78), throwing out potential base stealers 53.8% of the time.
- The SeaWolves have held a lead in 88 of 115 games played this season.
- The SeaWolves are second with a .262 batting average. Altoona is tied for fourth with a .253 AVG.
- The SeaWolves have hit 73 home runs which is the fewest in the league. Altoona has hit 80.
- Erie batters have struck out 987 times this season which is the highest strikeout total in the league.
- Erie pitchers have struck out 992 hitters which is second in the league behind Trenton.
- The SeaWolves are 24-30 against the Western Division and 30-31 against the Eastern Division.
-Danny Woodrow leads the team with a .318 average.
-John Schreiber is second in the Eastern League with 15 saves.
-Jake Rogers leads the team in HR with 14, while Lester holds the RBI lead at 56.
-The SeaWolves are 15-42 in games where the opponent scores first and 7-13 in two-run games.
-The SeaWolves are 29-28 in games played away from UPMC Park this season, while only being 25-33 at home.
-The SeaWolves have a 16-21 record in one run games, and are 8-15 in doubleheader games.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 10, 2018
- 'Dogs Win 10-9 for the Second Straight Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- Marvel Shines in Debut, Curve Bats Go Silent in Loss - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs Get Better of RubberDucks in Hitting Duel - Akron RubberDucks
- Pinch-Hit Walkoff Gives Fightins Sixth Straight Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- Pitching Dominates in 3-1 Win over Altoona - Erie SeaWolves
- League-Best 'Cats Inch Closer to Playoff Berth - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Randolph Lifts off to Spoil Ponies' Late Push - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Strike Down Senators 10-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels Zipped by Zeuch; 'Cats Take Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rodriguez Lifts Baysox to Come from Behind Win - Bowie Baysox
- Three Home Runs Power Thunder to Victory - Trenton Thunder
- No Relief as Sox Undress Los Chivos - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #117 - Rumble Ponies (55-61) at Fightin Phils (55-60) - 7:15 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 10th at Akron - Portland Sea Dogs
- RubberDucks Broadcaster Jim Clark to Sign "Rally 'Round Cleveland - the Story of the 1974 Franchise-Saving Cleveland Indians" Saturday - Akron RubberDucks
- Game Notes vs. Altoona - Erie SeaWolves
- Pro Golfer Woody Austin to Throw First Pitch - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.