RubberDucks Broadcaster Jim Clark to Sign "Rally 'Round Cleveland - the Story of the 1974 Franchise-Saving Cleveland Indians" Saturday
(AKRON, OHIO) - Akron RubberDucks play-by-play voice Jim Clark will have his first Canal Park signing of his new book- "Rally 'Round Cleveland - The Story of the 1974 Franchise-Saving Cleveland Indians" on Saturday, Aug. 11 outside the Canal Park Team Shop during the 5th and 6th innings of Akron's Eastern League game vs. Portland Sea Dogs.
This is Clark's first book and it is a day-by-day journey of the 1974 Indians' season, one in which they drew more than one million fans for the first time since 1959 and were only 4.5 games out of first place on Sept. 4.
The 1974 season was highlighted by Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry's 15-game winning streak, pitcher Dick Bosman's no-hitter, the acquisition of Hall of Famer Frank Robinson in September, and of course, the infamous 10-Cent Beer Night.
"Rally 'Round Cleveland" is currently on sale in the Team Shop and can be purchased for $20.
Saturday at Canal Park is also Cleveland Football Night when the first 1,000 fans will get a Webster Slaughter bobblehead, presented by Serra Auto Park. Following the game, there will be Matchbox 20-themed fireworks, sponsored by GDK & Company. Game time is 7:05 p.m. and gates open at 6 p.m.
Tickets for Saturday start at $5 and fans can purchase tickets by stopping at the Akron RubberDucks box office at Canal Park. The Box Office is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. On gamedays, it is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. through the end of the game, and Sundays it opens at 11 a.m. through game's end. Tickets are also available by calling 330-253-5151 or on www.akronrubberducks.com.
RubberDucks' 2018 Eastern League Playoffs tickets are also on sale now. Fans can purchase tickets for the for the best-of-five, first-round Eastern League Division Series online at www.akronrubberducks.com or at the Canal Park Box Office for the same price as RubberDucks' regular-season games, starting as low as $5, with advance purchase. Each RubberDucks' EL Playoff game is presented by KeyBank and will include one of the team's famous themed post-game fireworks shows.
The Akron RubberDucks are the Double-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. The 2018 season, powered by FirstEnergy, is the franchise's 22nd since moving to Akron. For more information about the team, please call 330-253-5151, visit the RubberDucks' website, www.akronrubberducks.com, Facebook www.facebook.com/AkronRubberDucks, Twitter feed @AkronRubberDuck, and Instagram at @akronrubberducks.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 10, 2018
- 'Dogs Win 10-9 for the Second Straight Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- Marvel Shines in Debut, Curve Bats Go Silent in Loss - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs Get Better of RubberDucks in Hitting Duel - Akron RubberDucks
- Pinch-Hit Walkoff Gives Fightins Sixth Straight Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- Pitching Dominates in 3-1 Win over Altoona - Erie SeaWolves
- League-Best 'Cats Inch Closer to Playoff Berth - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Randolph Lifts off to Spoil Ponies' Late Push - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Strike Down Senators 10-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels Zipped by Zeuch; 'Cats Take Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rodriguez Lifts Baysox to Come from Behind Win - Bowie Baysox
- Three Home Runs Power Thunder to Victory - Trenton Thunder
- No Relief as Sox Undress Los Chivos - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #117 - Rumble Ponies (55-61) at Fightin Phils (55-60) - 7:15 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 10th at Akron - Portland Sea Dogs
- RubberDucks Broadcaster Jim Clark to Sign "Rally 'Round Cleveland - the Story of the 1974 Franchise-Saving Cleveland Indians" Saturday - Akron RubberDucks
- Game Notes vs. Altoona - Erie SeaWolves
- Pro Golfer Woody Austin to Throw First Pitch - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.