Rockford Agrees to Terms with D-Man Jake Ryczek
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have agreed to terms with defenseman Jake Ryczek (Rhy-zick) on a one-year contract that runs through the 2019-20 season.
Ryczek, 21, completed his first full season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) last season, notching 33 points (9g, 24a) in 51 games for Halifax during the regular season. The blueliner posted eight multi-point efforts during the campaign, including logging season-high three-point efforts on Dec. 8 vs. Acadie-Bathurst (1g, 2a) and Feb. 15 vs. Gatineau (1g, 2a).
Following the regular season, the Springfield, Massachusetts native helped Halifax reach the championship in the QMJHL playoffs, where the Mooseheads fell in six games to Rouyn-Noranda. Ryczek skated in each of the team's 23 postseason contests and finished third among all Halifax skaters with 13 helpers during the postseason run. He never went more than two straight games without registering a point in the playoffs and his 13 total points (13a) ranked second among team defensemen during the postseason.
The 5-11, 198-lbs blueliner then led Halifax to the finals of the 2019 Memorial Cup. He collected a goal and an assist over four games during the tournament, netting his goal on the power play in the Mooseheads' 4-1 win over Prince Albert in the opening game of round-robin play.
Overall, Ryczek has combined for 60 points (16g, 44a) and a +48 plus/minus rating in 84 career regular-season games in the QMJHL with Halifax from 2017-19. He also logged 16 assists in 32 postseason contests after helping the Mooseheads reach the playoffs in each of his two seasons with the team.
Ryczek was originally selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the seventh round (203rd overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft. He skated in five collegiate games with Providence during the 2017-18 season (scored one goal) before making his QMJHL debut with Halifax on Dec. 28, 2017.
Season Tickets for 2019-20 on Sale Now:
Don't miss a moment of the action next season. Reserve your seats for the IceHogs' 21st season of professional hockey in Rockford and 13th as the top AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. The IceHogs' home opener is set for Saturday, Oct. 12 vs. Grand Rapids and ticket packages begin as low as $132 for an eight-game mini pack. Contact us at (815) 847-6399 or visit IceHogs.com to claim your seats for this upcoming season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 18, 2019
- Admirals Officially Kick-Off 50th Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with D-Man Jake Ryczek - Rockford IceHogs
- Ontario Reign Sign Mason Bergh to AHL Contract - Ontario Reign
- Matt Millar Joins Ontario Reign Staff - Ontario Reign
- Condors Big 6 Pack Unveiled - Big Games, Bigger Promotions - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Ryan Dmowski - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Defenseman Kevin Davis - Colorado Eagles
- Bears Sign Defenseman Tariq Hammond to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Phillip Di Giuseppe - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Marlies Sign Ryan Johnston and Michael Kapla - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Announce Preseason Schedule with Rampage - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Preseason Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Winningest American Head Coach & 2007 UHL Championship Coach Steve Martinson Joins IceHogs Rewind Pregame Show Friday
- IceHogs to Broadcast Historical Game 7 of 2007 UHL Colonial Cup Finals on IceHogs Rewind Friday Night
- IceHogs Head Coach Derek King Gives Updates on Thursday
- IceHogs Defenseman TJ Brennan Joins Facebook Live on Tuesday