Bears Sign Defenseman Tariq Hammond to AHL Contract
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed defenseman Tariq Hammond to an AHL contract for the 2019-20 season.
Hammond, 25, spent the majority of his rookie campaign with the Binghamton Devils in 2018-19, appearing in 43 games, scoring three points (one goal, two assists). He tallied his first AHL goal on Feb. 16 in Binghamton's 5-2 loss to Laval. The 6-foot-2, 195-pound defender also skated in two games with the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder.
The native of Calgary, Alberta played four seasons at the University of Denver from 2014-18, skating under the direction of former Bears forward Jim Montgomery. Hammond was a member of DU's 2017 NCAA Championship team, playing in all 44 games that season, scoring nine points (three goals, six assists). He served as Denver's captain in 2017-18, helping the team to an NCHC conference title. In total, Hammond played in 125 NCAA games with the Pioneers, scoring 26 points (six goals, 20 assists).
The Bears open the 2019-20 season on Saturday, Oct. 5 at the Giant Center versus Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Season ticket packages for Hershey's 2019-20 season are on sale now, featuring discounted costs and extra added benefits. Full Season, Half Season, 12-game, and Flex-10 plans are available with packages starting at just $205. For more information, call 717-520-5796 or visit HersheyBears.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 18, 2019
- Admirals Officially Kick-Off 50th Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rockford Agrees to Terms with D-Man Jake Ryczek - Rockford IceHogs
- Ontario Reign Sign Mason Bergh to AHL Contract - Ontario Reign
- Matt Millar Joins Ontario Reign Staff - Ontario Reign
- Condors Big 6 Pack Unveiled - Big Games, Bigger Promotions - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Ryan Dmowski - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Defenseman Kevin Davis - Colorado Eagles
- Bears Sign Defenseman Tariq Hammond to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Phillip Di Giuseppe - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Marlies Sign Ryan Johnston and Michael Kapla - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Announce Preseason Schedule with Rampage - Texas Stars
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Preseason Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Scott Allen and Jared Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Ink Forward Cole Ully to AHL Contract for 2019-20
- Bears Announce Promotional Schedule for 2019-20 Season