Robinson Sparks Aviators to 4-2 Win in River City
Dusty Robinson stroked a bases loaded double to break a 1-1 tie in the eighth inning and the Rockford Aviators (23-11) went on defeat the River City Rascals 4-2 in Frontier League baseball action Wednesday at T. R. Hughes Ballpark in O'Fallon, MO. The victory enabled the Aviators to even the series between the West Division's top two teams at one game apiece.
Robinson drove in all four runs for Rockford as he also plated the Aviators first tally with a double in the sixth. Colby Holmes (1-2) registered the win in relief of starter Kyle Hassna, who turned in another solid effort by limiting the Rascals to one run (a fourth inning solo homer by Taylor Ard) on just three hits with one walk and seven strikeouts. Michael Schaub posted his 12th save by retiring the Rascals in order in the ninth. Chandler Jagodzinski (0-2) took the loss for River City (20-14) after getting charged with the two of the three runs that scored on Robinson's double off of Derek Cape.
The two teams conclude their series Thursday (6:35 pm)) before Rockford moves on for a weekend series versus the Gateway Grizzlies in Sauget, IL. The Aviators return home to host the Florence Freedom on Tuesday, June 30 (6:35pm) at Aviators Stadium in Loves Park, IL. Call the Aviators Office at 815-885-2255 for tickets or more information, or go to rockfordaviators.com.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 24, 2015
- Casey Henn Throws Second No-Hitter in Freedom History - Florence Y'alls
- Slammers Continue Strong Play; Top Boomers 5-3 - Joliet Slammers
- Wild Things and Freedom Split Double Header - Washington Wild Things
- Joliet Squeezes Past Boomers - Schaumburg Boomers
- Grizzlies Fall Despite Solid Performance from Aviston Native - Gateway Grizzlies
- Hunter Adkins Tosses Eight Scoreless Innings In 4-0 Win Over Gateway - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rascals Fall 4-2 to Aviators - River City Rascals
- James Grill Presents Pete Rose Night at CONSOL Energy Park June 30 - Washington Wild Things
- Joliet Slammers to Aid in Coal City Clean-Up Friday - Joliet Slammers
- Trevor Walch Dazzles Again as Otters Win a Pitcher's Duel 1-0 - Evansville Otters
- 2B Witt Sold to Orioles - Rockford Aviators
- Robinson Sparks Aviators to 4-2 Win in River City - Rockford Aviators
- CornBelters Lead Early and Hold off Bolts in Matinee - Normal CornBelters
- Independence Community Night to Benefit Family of Cincinnati Police Officer Sonny Kim - Florence Y'alls
- Rascals Rock Aviators in Series Opener - River City Rascals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.