Revs Ã¢=80" with New Signings Angoua and
CASA GRANDE, Ariz. - Friday was a busy day for the New England Revolution.The club officially unveiled their second "mystery" center back signing as Ivorian veteran Benjamin Angoua arrives on loan from Ligue 1 side EA Guingamp, while the Revs also traveled cross country to begin a 12-day training stint in Casa Grande, Arizona.
Both Angoua and Slovenian center back Antonio Mlinar Delamea made the trip with their new club as they begin the process of adjusting to life in MLS ahead of the March 4 opener in Colorado. They're joined by New England's returning core and a group of trialists and draftees looking to make a mark.
The Revs have three preseason matches on the docket during their first trip to the Grand Canyon State, beginning on Tuesday, January 31, against expansion side Minnesota United. They'll follow up with meetings against the New York Red Bulls (February 3) and Sporting Kansas City (February 7).
Following the five-hour flight on Friday the Revs ran through a light session at Grande Sports World, but the real work in the desert begins on Saturday, when they'll return to double sessions. Stay with us for comprehensive coverage as the action ramps up in the coming days and weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 27, 2017
- Timbers Open Preseason Slate against New York Red Bulls - Portland Timbers
- Late Rally Comes up Short as Windy City Falls to Fort Wayne Friday - New York Red Bulls
- Revs Ã¢=80" with New Signings Angoua and - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Sign Djordje Mihailovic as Homegrown Player - Chicago Fire
- Juan Agudelo Named to U.S. Men's - New England Revolution
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Duje Dukan and Rights of Joe Alexander And - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Signs MF/FW Luis Silva - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC 2 to Open 2017 Campaign on March 26 against Sacramento - Seattle Sounders FC
- Union Set to Depart for Clearwater, Florida Continuing Preseason - Philadelphia Union
- FC Dallas' Colin Bonner and Timo Pitter Choose to Retire from soccer - FC Dallas
- Kadin Chung and Thomas Hasal Again Called up to Canada - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Robinson Makes Champions League Ambitions Clear, "It's - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Dax McCarty Named to USMNT Roster for Upcoming Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Juan Agudelo Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Renew Affiliation Agreement with Burlingame Dragons FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Jermaine Jones and Sebastian Lletget Named to Final 23-Man Roster - LA Galaxy
- MLS Newsstand - January 27, 2017 - MLS
- Earthquakes Sign Costa Rica National Team Forward Marcos Urena - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Acquire Defender Benjamin Angoua - New England Revolution
- 'Caps Fall to 1-0 Cardiff in First Preseason Match of 2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Josh Saunders Joins Orlando City SC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinal with 2-0 Win against Philadelphia Union
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Advance in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 2-1 Win vs. Montreal Impact
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Play-In Round
- New England Revolution COVID-19 Update