Sounders FC 2 to Open 2017 Campaign on March 26 against Sacramento
SEATTLE, WASH. - The United Soccer League today unveiled 2017 season-opening contests for all of its 30 clubs, with Sounders FC 2 hosting Sacramento Republic FC at Starfire Stadium on March 26 to being the new campaign. The matchup marks the third-consecutive season that S2 opens the season against Sacramento, with the fixture featuring a top independent USL club and the affiliate of the 2016 MLS Cup champion. S2 won its inaugural match against Sacramento in 2015, but Republic FC came away with three points last season in the season-opener.
"We're very excited to open the 2017 season against a familiar foe in Sacramento," S2 Head Coach Ezra Hendrickson said. "Sacramento is a very good opponent to test our team early. We will be prepared and we look forward to the challenge in front of our fans at Starfire Stadium."
The complete 2017 USL schedule is set to be released at a later date. The slate features 32 matches - 16 home and 16 away - for each of the league's 30 clubs. In 2017, the Western Conference adds Reno 1868 FC, which is an affiliate of the San Jose Earthquakes.
2017 S2 season ticket packages, starting at just $95 for the full season, are currently available at SoundersFC.com/S2/Tickets . S2 flex plans, single match tickets and group tickets are set to be made available in the coming weeks. For more information on S2 ticket options, call 877-MLS-GOAL or email Sales@SoundersFC.com .
ABOUT SOUNDERS FC 2
Announced on October 14, 2014, Sounders FC 2 is the USL affiliate of Seattle Sounders FC. S2 represents a link between the Sounders FC Academy and Sounders FC First Team. Playing its home matches at Starfire Stadium, S2 emphasizes development and community involvement, and provides a consistent and competitive professional environment for promising Academy players and select First Team players to progress. The team operates under the management of Sounders FC and the Sounders Community Trust, an unprecedented, fan-governed non-profit organization that holds a 20-percent interest in the team.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 27, 2017
- Timbers Open Preseason Slate against New York Red Bulls - Portland Timbers
- Late Rally Comes up Short as Windy City Falls to Fort Wayne Friday - New York Red Bulls
- Revs Ã¢=80" with New Signings Angoua and - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Sign Djordje Mihailovic as Homegrown Player - Chicago Fire
- Juan Agudelo Named to U.S. Men's - New England Revolution
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Duje Dukan and Rights of Joe Alexander And - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Signs MF/FW Luis Silva - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC 2 to Open 2017 Campaign on March 26 against Sacramento - Seattle Sounders FC
- Union Set to Depart for Clearwater, Florida Continuing Preseason - Philadelphia Union
- FC Dallas' Colin Bonner and Timo Pitter Choose to Retire from soccer - FC Dallas
- Kadin Chung and Thomas Hasal Again Called up to Canada - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Robinson Makes Champions League Ambitions Clear, "It's - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Dax McCarty Named to USMNT Roster for Upcoming Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Juan Agudelo Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Renew Affiliation Agreement with Burlingame Dragons FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Jermaine Jones and Sebastian Lletget Named to Final 23-Man Roster - LA Galaxy
- MLS Newsstand - January 27, 2017 - MLS
- Earthquakes Sign Costa Rica National Team Forward Marcos Urena - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Acquire Defender Benjamin Angoua - New England Revolution
- 'Caps Fall to 1-0 Cardiff in First Preseason Match of 2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Josh Saunders Joins Orlando City SC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Jordan Morris Scheduled to Return Stateside to Prepare for Surgery
- Sounders FC Acquires General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Celebrates Black History Month
- Voting Open for Seattle Sports Commission's 86th Annual Sports Star of the Year Awards
- Sounders FC Signs Goalkeeper Spencer Richey