Revolution Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday
ATLANTA, Ga. - The New England Revolution (7-3-4; 25 pts.) visit Atlanta United FC (6-4-5; 23 pts.) on Wednesday night at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. New England's first midweek match of the season kicks off at 7:00 p.m. ET and airs nationally on FS1, with Nate Bukaty and Tony Meola calling the action. Wednesday's contest is also available on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV in English, with Jake Zivin and Taylor Twellman on the call, and Spanish, featuring commentary from Jorge Perez Navarro and Marcelo Balboa. The match can also be heard on the radio locally on 98.5 The Sports Hub, with Brad Feldman and former Boston Breakers player Rachel Wood calling the action, and on 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA in Portuguese.
New England looks to shed its three-game winless run as it embarks on a two-match road swing this week following a thrilling 3-3 draw against Chicago Fire FC on Matchday 15 at Gillette Stadium. After conceding two goals in the opening 22 minutes, the Revolution rallied back to knot the score at 2-2 before halftime. Homegrown Player Noel Buck ignited the comeback with a long-distance strike in the 38th minute. Making the most of the momentum swing, New England scored two minutes later via a Bobby Wood header, his team-leading fourth goal of the year. Chicago regained the lead in the second half, before Jozy Altidore opened his 2023 account with the equalizing goal in the 83rd minute to secure a point at home for the Revolution.
Buck, who owns two goals this season, earned another selection to the MLS Team of the Matchday as he continues to appear in every match during his second MLS season. The 18-year-old Arlington, Mass. native, who is scheduled to graduate high school later this week, leads the Revolution with 24 tackles won. Fellow midfielders Carles Gil and Emmanuel Boateng also logged assists in the draw with Chicago, as did defenders Christian Makoun and Dave Romney. Gil, who appeared off the bench in a 28-minute outing, owns five assists this season and is pacing the team with eight goal contributions.
Saturday's match marks the 11th regular season meeting between New England and Atlanta dating back to the Five Stripes' inaugural MLS season in 2017, with the Revolution holding a 3-4-3 record in the series. New England has earned three wins and one draw in the teams' last four encounters, including a 2-1 a victory in the most recent match on Oct. 1, 2022. Gil has logged a team-high three assists, with one goal, in six games against Atlanta.
The Five Stripes, currently fifth in the Eastern Conference, are 5-1-1 at home this season and 1-0-2 in their last three matches. Atlanta's attack is led by Argentinian midfielder Thiago Almada, a FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM champion with Argentina, who leads MLS with eight assists in addition to six goals this season. Leading the line is Greek international Giorgos Giakoumakis, who has scored eight goals in less than 600 minutes played in his debut MLS campaign.
Matchday #16 vs. Atlanta United FC
Date: Wednesday, May 31
Kickoff: 7:00 p.m. ET
Location: Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta, Georgia)
WATCH & LISTEN:
Watch on FS1 and MLS Season Pass on Apple TV
FS1 Talent: Nate Bukaty (Play-by-Play), Tony Meola (Analyst)
English Talent: Jake Zivin (Play-by-Play), Taylor Twellman (Analyst)
Spanish Talent: Jorge Perez Navarro (Play-by-Play), Marcelo Balboa (Analyst)
English Radio: 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
Radio Talent: Brad Feldman and Rachel Wood
Portuguese Radio: WBIX 1260 AM "Nossa Radio USA"
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 30, 2023
- Minnesota United at Austin FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Hosts FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Parts Ways with President Chris Klein - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Call up Two Players on Short-Term Agreements - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Announces Special Event Details Surrounding Saturday's Exciting Doubleheader Experience - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host High-Profile Friendly against Ghana at GEODIS Park on October 17 - Nashville SC
- Revolution Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Update - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Hablando Con Dénis Bouanaga: "It's a Great Opportunity to Add Another Entry on the Club's Roll of Honor, and I Really Hope That We Will Do It.Ã¢ÂÂ - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Open Three-Game Road Trip in Vancouver - Houston Dynamo FC
- Former Orlando City Captain Nani to Return to Exploria Stadium for the Beautiful Game - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Call up Three Players on Short-Term Agreements - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes LA Galaxy to Utah Seeking Home Momentum - Real Salt Lake
- Momentum Solar Named Official Residential Solar Partner of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- The Pitch (Matchdays 16 & 17): Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - MLS
- Minnesota United Loans Forward Patrick Weah to FC Tulsa - Minnesota United FC
- New York Finishes Two-Match Road Stand with Matchup against Inter Miami CF on Wednesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Four NYCFC Players Selected for USYNT - New York City FC
- Preview: FC Cincinnati Travel to Yankee Stadium to Face New York City FC in Midweek Matchup - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew, JPMorgan Chase Launch Partnership, Chase Plaza at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Dig Deep: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Secure Playoff Berth with 2-2 Draw at Chicago Fire FC
- MATCH Preview: Revolution Visit Chicago Fire FC on Saturday Night
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 21, 2023
- New England Revolution Hire Tab Ramos as Assistant Coach
- New England Revolution Fall to Colorado Rapids, 2-1