MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced
May 30, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Seattle Sounders FC midfielder João Paulo guilty of failing to leave the field in a timely manner in the 75th minute of Seattle's match against the New York Red Bulls on May 27. Paulo has been fined an undisclosed amount for his actions.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Vancouver Whitecaps FC in violation of the Mass Confrontation Policy in the 90th minute of their match against St. Louis CITY SC on May 27 and will be issued an official warning for its first violation this season.
Due to their roles in the mass confrontation, Vancouver defender Tristan Blackmon, defender Ranko Veselinovic, defender Luís Martins, midfielder Andrés Cubas, forward Déiber Caicedo, and forward Levonte Johnson have each been issued an undisclosed fine for inciting and/or escalating a mass confrontation.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found FC Dallas and the San Jose Earthquakes in violation of the Mass Confrontation Policy after their match on May 27. Dallas will be issued an official warning for its first violation this season. San Jose has violated the mass confrontation policy for a third time this season, and the organization and head coach Luchi Gonzalez have been fined an undisclosed amount for their actions.
Due to their roles in the mass confrontation, San Jose goalkeeper Daniel and forward Benjamin Kikanović and FC Dallas forward Jáder Obrian have each been issued an undisclosed fine for inciting and/or escalating a mass confrontation.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 30, 2023
- Minnesota United at Austin FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Hosts FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Parts Ways with President Chris Klein - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Call up Two Players on Short-Term Agreements - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Announces Special Event Details Surrounding Saturday's Exciting Doubleheader Experience - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host High-Profile Friendly against Ghana at GEODIS Park on October 17 - Nashville SC
- Revolution Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Update - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Hablando Con Dénis Bouanaga: "It's a Great Opportunity to Add Another Entry on the Club's Roll of Honor, and I Really Hope That We Will Do It.Ã¢ÂÂ - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Open Three-Game Road Trip in Vancouver - Houston Dynamo FC
- Former Orlando City Captain Nani to Return to Exploria Stadium for the Beautiful Game - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Call up Three Players on Short-Term Agreements - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes LA Galaxy to Utah Seeking Home Momentum - Real Salt Lake
- Momentum Solar Named Official Residential Solar Partner of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- The Pitch (Matchdays 16 & 17): Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - MLS
- Minnesota United Loans Forward Patrick Weah to FC Tulsa - Minnesota United FC
- New York Finishes Two-Match Road Stand with Matchup against Inter Miami CF on Wednesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Four NYCFC Players Selected for USYNT - New York City FC
- Preview: FC Cincinnati Travel to Yankee Stadium to Face New York City FC in Midweek Matchup - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew, JPMorgan Chase Launch Partnership, Chase Plaza at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Dig Deep: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.