Minnesota United Loans Forward Patrick Weah to FC Tulsa
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United announced today that the club will loan forward Patrick Weah to FC Tulsa of the USL Championship for the remainder of the 2023 season with the right to recall Weah at any time throughout the duration of the loan.
Weah is a product of Wayzata High School and the former MNUFC Academy, where he was a leading scorer, before playing for the Saint Louis University soccer program for one season. The forward then signed a Homegrown Player contract with the Loons ahead of the 2021 season.
Weah made his professional debut on May 1, 2021 against Austin FC. He played two games for Minnesota before being loaned to Sacramento Republic FC for the remainder of the 2021 season where he made seven game appearances. Weah then suffered a torn ACL in November of 2021, missing all of the 2022 season.
With MNUFC2 in 2023 MLS NEXT Pro contests, the forward made four starts and scored twice through seven games played, totaling 314 minutes of on-field action.
Transaction: Minnesota United loans forward Patrick Weah to FC Tulsa of the United Soccer League (USL) Championship on a Loan Agreement for the remainder of the 2023 season. This agreement contains a right to recall the player at any time throughout the duration of the loan.
Date of birth: 12.15.2003 (19 years old)
Birthplace: Monrovia, Liberia
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 30, 2023
- Minnesota United at Austin FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Hosts FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Parts Ways with President Chris Klein - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Call up Two Players on Short-Term Agreements - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Announces Special Event Details Surrounding Saturday's Exciting Doubleheader Experience - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host High-Profile Friendly against Ghana at GEODIS Park on October 17 - Nashville SC
- Revolution Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Update - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Hablando Con Dénis Bouanaga: "It's a Great Opportunity to Add Another Entry on the Club's Roll of Honor, and I Really Hope That We Will Do It.Ã¢ÂÂ - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Open Three-Game Road Trip in Vancouver - Houston Dynamo FC
- Former Orlando City Captain Nani to Return to Exploria Stadium for the Beautiful Game - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Call up Three Players on Short-Term Agreements - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes LA Galaxy to Utah Seeking Home Momentum - Real Salt Lake
- Momentum Solar Named Official Residential Solar Partner of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- The Pitch (Matchdays 16 & 17): Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - MLS
- Minnesota United Loans Forward Patrick Weah to FC Tulsa - Minnesota United FC
- New York Finishes Two-Match Road Stand with Matchup against Inter Miami CF on Wednesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Four NYCFC Players Selected for USYNT - New York City FC
- Preview: FC Cincinnati Travel to Yankee Stadium to Face New York City FC in Midweek Matchup - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew, JPMorgan Chase Launch Partnership, Chase Plaza at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Dig Deep: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Nine Loons Called up for International Duty
- Minnesota United to Participate in Coachella Valley Invitational in February 2024
- Minnesota United Hires Khaled El-Ahmad as Chief Soccer Officer
- Minnesota United Set to Host a Combine-Style Tryout for MNUFC2 and MNUFC Academy
- Minnesota United Announces New Role for Manny Lagos