Columbus Crew, JPMorgan Chase Launch Partnership, Chase Plaza at Lower.com Field
COLUMBUS - The Columbus Crew and JPMorgan Chase today announced the launch of their partnership and the Chase Plaza at Lower.com Field. The partnership reflects their shared commitment to and pride in Columbus, highlighted by activations on the Chase Plaza, including opportunities for local businesses to connect with fans ahead of matches.
On June 3 at 5:30 p.m., Haslam Sports Group Managing and Principal Partner Dee Haslam, Crew President of Business Operations Kristin Bernert and JPMorgan Chase Columbus Location Leader Corrine Burger will unveil the Chase Plaza prior to the club's home match against Charlotte FC, a night to Champion Columbus, presented by Chase. Interviews and photo/video opportunities will be available to credentialed media members.
"The Crew and JPMorgan Chase deeply believe in the growth of the Columbus region, and our partnership is focused on celebrating the advancement that it continues to experience," said Bernert. "Through our activations on the Chase Plaza during matchdays and increasingly on non-matchdays, together we have the opportunity to elevate our ongoing support of the city in a way that matches everyone's passion for the Black & Gold and Central Ohio."
"We're excited to announce the unveiling of Chase Plaza in partnership with the Columbus Crew," said Burger. "As an Ohio native, I take great pride in the rich history of JPMorgan Chase's commitment to the state. We've partnered with businesses, community partners, government officials and our employees to strengthen the local economy and create opportunities for all."
As one of the state's largest private employers, JPMorgan Chase has been dedicated to supporting a stronger, more inclusive economy in Ohio for more than 200 years, employing more than 20,000 residents statewide. With more than 170,000 small business clients, over two million consumer bank customers statewide and $322 million spent on Buckeye-owned goods and services since 2020, JPMorgan Chase is invested in the future of Ohio.
For every home game, the Crew create an environment on the Chase Plaza that unites their supporters ahead of kickoff. Interactive elements align with the club's respective match theme - Champion Columbus, Back to the 90s Night and Battle at the Death Star, for example - in an upbeat setting with music, games, giveaways, corporate partnership activations, specials at The Pub and more. The Chase Plaza also is a destination for fans to gather and enjoy post-match autograph sessions, live performances and various engagements throughout the year, including around major international and domestic soccer tournaments and significant Columbus events.
Prior to each match at Lower.com Field, the Chase Plaza will feature a local small business to provide the unique ability to engage Crew supporters and gain additional exposure for their endeavors. Before the Crew hosted Orlando City SC on May 13 in front of a capacity crowd, Sporting Padula Soccer Academy was the first Columbus business to share its story on the Chase Plaza.
Sporting Padula Soccer Academy recently joined the Crew Network, which is focused on advancing soccer in Ohio and providing access to unique experiences for boys and girls players, coaches and parents. Additionally, Crew Network clubs receive both technical and commercial benefits from the Crew, such as increased brand exposure, access to the Crew's coaching staff and a dedicated pathway into the Columbus Crew Academy for high-potential players.
"Sporting Padula Soccer Academy had a great experience on the Chase Plaza, where we had the opportunity to interact with supporters who love and want to be more involved in the game but may not have known about our youth program," said Sporting Padula Soccer Academy Director Gino Padula, a Crew alumnus (2008-2010) and member of the Black & Gold's 2008 MLS Cup championship season. "Everyone in Columbus wants to support our city and the people here, and we appreciate that the Crew and Chase are embracing that."
This Saturday, the Crew will further display how they Champion Columbus throughout the year, spotlighting everything that makes the city an exceptional place to live, work and play, as well as the Black & Gold's dedication to youth soccer and education in the region. In addition to Columbus-centric groups contributing on the Chase Plaza, the Crew will highlight players' favorite aspects of Columbus, along with other assets celebrating the city.
The Crew and JPMorgan Chase today are also debuting the Chase Meal Deal, which is available to fans at various Lower.com Field concessions stands prior to kickoff beginning with tomorrow's home game against the Colorado Rapids. When using their Chase card, supporters will receive special pricing when purchasing a hotdog, popcorn and bottle of water.
The first 20,000 Crew supporters to enter Lower.com Field on June 3 will receive "Champion Columbus" cooling towels, courtesy of Chase.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 30, 2023
- Minnesota United at Austin FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Hosts FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Parts Ways with President Chris Klein - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Call up Two Players on Short-Term Agreements - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Announces Special Event Details Surrounding Saturday's Exciting Doubleheader Experience - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host High-Profile Friendly against Ghana at GEODIS Park on October 17 - Nashville SC
- Revolution Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Update - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Hablando Con Dénis Bouanaga: "It's a Great Opportunity to Add Another Entry on the Club's Roll of Honor, and I Really Hope That We Will Do It.Ã¢ÂÂ - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Open Three-Game Road Trip in Vancouver - Houston Dynamo FC
- Former Orlando City Captain Nani to Return to Exploria Stadium for the Beautiful Game - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Call up Three Players on Short-Term Agreements - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes LA Galaxy to Utah Seeking Home Momentum - Real Salt Lake
- Momentum Solar Named Official Residential Solar Partner of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- The Pitch (Matchdays 16 & 17): Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal - MLS
- Minnesota United Loans Forward Patrick Weah to FC Tulsa - Minnesota United FC
- New York Finishes Two-Match Road Stand with Matchup against Inter Miami CF on Wednesday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Four NYCFC Players Selected for USYNT - New York City FC
- Preview: FC Cincinnati Travel to Yankee Stadium to Face New York City FC in Midweek Matchup - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew, JPMorgan Chase Launch Partnership, Chase Plaza at Lower.com Field - Columbus Crew SC
- Dig Deep: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Crew Lose Late Lead, Settle for Draw with Minnesota
- Columbus Crew Open Season with a Win
- Columbus Crew Loan Defender Keegan Hughes to USL Championship Side Loudoun United FC
- Crew Youth Add Six Partner Clubs to the Crew Network
- Columbus Crew Host English Premier League's Aston Villa for Leagues Cup Showcase on Saturday, July 27