Revolution Acquire College Player Rights to Defender Jon Bell
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution have acquired the College Player Rights to defender Jon Bell from the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for New England's natural fourth-round selection in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft. Bell, who was selected in the second round (38th overall) of the 2020 MLS SuperDraft by San Jose, spent the 2020 season with Revolution II in USL League One.
Bell, 23, appeared in all but one match for Revolution II during the team's inaugural USL League One campaign in 2020, registering 15 starts in central defense. In the season opener, he was among the first of 19 players who made their professional debuts with Revs II in 2020. The six-foot-one center back played all 90 minutes in each of his appearances, and finished the season with 820 passes - fourth most in USL League One.
A native of Rockville, Md., Bell played collegiately at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, where he appeared in 56 games across four years and was named to the MAC Hermann Trophy Watch List at the start of the 2019 season.
TRANSACTION: New England Revolution acquire the College Player Rights to defender Jon Bell from the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for New England's natural fourth-round selection in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft on Dec. 13, 2020.
#70 Jon Bell
Current Club: Revolution II
Hometown: Silver Springs, Maryland
Date of Birth: 08/26/1997 (Rockville, Maryland)
Nationality: United States
Acquired: Signed to Revolution II USL League One roster on July 14, 2020...Acquired College Player Rights in trade with San Jose Earthquakes on Dec. 13, 2020
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 13, 2020
- Austin FC Begins Stocking Roster with Lima, Sweat, Cascante, Gallagher and Segura - Austin FC
- MNUFC Acquires Callum Montgomery from FC Dallas in MLS Half-Day Trade Window - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Trades Callum Montgomery to Minnesota United FC in MLS Half-Day Trade Window - FC Dallas
- Atlanta Acquires up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Acquires Defender Marco Farfan from Portland Timbers - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Acquire $300,000 in Allocation Money from Los Angeles FC in Exchange for Homegrown Defender Marco Farfan - Portland Timbers
- Revolution Acquire College Player Rights to Defender Jon Bell - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Acquire SuperDraft Selection in Trade with New England - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Acquire $250,000 in General Allocation Money from Austin FC in Exchange for Defender Julio Cascante - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Acquire $500k of Allocation Money in Trade with Austin FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Acquire $160,000 in General Allocation Money from New York City FC - Portland Timbers
- Colorado Rapids Acquire 6th Overall Pick in 2021 MLS SuperDraft from Chicago Fire FC - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires $125,000 in General Allocation Money from Colorado Rapids - Chicago Fire FC
- D.C. United Acquire $150,000 in GAM from Austin FC for Ulises Segura - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Trades Ben Sweat to Austin FC - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Trades International Spot to Atlanta United FC for $175K in General Allocation Money - Nashville SC
- Atlanta Acquires 2021 International Roster Spot - Atlanta United FC
- 2020 MLS Cup Postgame Notes - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC to Hold Virtual Celebration Tomorrow at MAPFRE Stadium to Commemorate Winning MLS Cup 2020 - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Falls 3-0 to Columbus Crew SC in 2020 MLS Cup Final - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Clinch Playoff Berth with 3-2 Win at Chicago Fire FC
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 22, 2021
- First-Place Revolution Visit Chicago Fire FC
- Revolution Battle Columbus Crew to 1-1 Draw
- Revolution Host Columbus Crew Saturday on Concussion Awareness Night