Atlanta Acquires up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money
ATLANTA - Atlanta United today announced it has acquired up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) from Austin FC in exchange for midfielder Jon Gallagher.
Gallagher originally joined Atlanta United after being selected in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft. He made his MLS debut during the 2020 season and went on to make 16 appearances with 11 starts, while scoring four goals.
The MLS offseason continues Tuesday, Dec. 15 with the Expansion Draft for Austin FC; however, Atlanta is one of 10 teams that are protected because it had a player selected during last year's Expansion Draft. Free Agency will open at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 16, in addition to the league's Waiver Draft. The MLS Re-Entry Draft will then begin on Thursday, Dec. 16 (Stage 1) and conclude Tuesday, Dec. 22 (Stage 2).
Atlanta is scheduled to return to action against Club America in the 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League on Wednesday, Dec. 16. The tournament was postponed in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue Dec. 15-22 at Exploria Stadium in Orlando.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 13, 2020
- Austin FC Begins Stocking Roster with Lima, Sweat, Cascante, Gallagher and Segura - Austin FC
- MNUFC Acquires Callum Montgomery from FC Dallas in MLS Half-Day Trade Window - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Trades Callum Montgomery to Minnesota United FC in MLS Half-Day Trade Window - FC Dallas
- Atlanta Acquires up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Acquires Defender Marco Farfan from Portland Timbers - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Acquire $300,000 in Allocation Money from Los Angeles FC in Exchange for Homegrown Defender Marco Farfan - Portland Timbers
- Revolution Acquire College Player Rights to Defender Jon Bell - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Acquire SuperDraft Selection in Trade with New England - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Acquire $250,000 in General Allocation Money from Austin FC in Exchange for Defender Julio Cascante - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Acquire $500k of Allocation Money in Trade with Austin FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Acquire $160,000 in General Allocation Money from New York City FC - Portland Timbers
- Colorado Rapids Acquire 6th Overall Pick in 2021 MLS SuperDraft from Chicago Fire FC - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires $125,000 in General Allocation Money from Colorado Rapids - Chicago Fire FC
- D.C. United Acquire $150,000 in GAM from Austin FC for Ulises Segura - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Trades Ben Sweat to Austin FC - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Trades International Spot to Atlanta United FC for $175K in General Allocation Money - Nashville SC
- Atlanta Acquires 2021 International Roster Spot - Atlanta United FC
- 2020 MLS Cup Postgame Notes - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC to Hold Virtual Celebration Tomorrow at MAPFRE Stadium to Commemorate Winning MLS Cup 2020 - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Falls 3-0 to Columbus Crew SC in 2020 MLS Cup Final - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.