Redbirds Outlast RedHawks on Sunday, 3-2
Oklahoma City, Okla. - P.J. Walters allowed one run over seven innings leading the Memphis Redbirds (26-30) to a 3-2 win over the Oklahoma City RedHawks (24-33) before 4,048 Sunday afternoon at RedHawks Field at Bricktown.
Walters (3-3) allowed one run and five hits in seven innings in the winning decision. RedHawks starter Sergio Perez (4-4) allowed three runs, two earned, with three hits in seven innings for the losing decision. Memphis reliever Victor Marte (6) saved the game with a perfect ninth inning.
Astros pitcher Brandon Lyon pitched an inning of relief for Oklahoma City, his first rehabilitation appearance since being placed on the disabled list in early May. Lyon picked up a groundout before allowing two hits in the eighth inning. Lyon then induced line drive double play to end the inning after 12 pitches and seven strikes.
Memphis opened the scoring in the first inning, giving up two runs. With runners on by a hit-by-pitch and walk with two out, Freddie Bynum singled in Pete Kozma for a 1-0 game. Daryl Jones next singled in Nick Stavinoha for a 2-0 score.
Oklahoma City scored in the second inning when J.B. Shuck singled and scored on a Brian Esposito single for a 2-1 score.
The Redbirds added an unearned run in the sixth inning. Andrew Brown reached on a throwing error by third baseman Koby Clemens, moved to second on a walk of Bynum and to third on a walk of Jones before scoring on a Perez wild pitch for a 3-1 score.
Oklahoma City added a run in the eighth inning with a two-out rally. Brian Dopirak singled, moved to second on a Clemens single and scored on a pinch-hit single by Max Ramirez for a 3-2 score.
RedHawks LH Ryan Rowland-Smith will face Redbirds RH Brandon Dickson in game three of the series Monday night at 7:05. Tickets are available through the RedHawks box office at 405-218-1000 or by visiting okcredhawks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 5, 2011
- Six-Run First Dooms Zephyrs in Third Straight Loss - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rivas Deals as Sounds Win 7-1 in New Orleans - Nashville Sounds
- Loux Masterful as Grizzlies Take Game One - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Outlast RedHawks on Sunday, 3-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Drop Second Straight to River Cats 12-10 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Bees Rally Late for 3-2 Win Over Aces - Reno Aces
- Cubs Walk off against Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Rips Isotopes, 8-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camp Delivers in Clutch as Cubs Beat Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Knocks Six Doubles in Series-Tying Win - Round Rock Express
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Transactions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Aces Roll out Unique Father's Day Package - Reno Aces
- Padres win wild game - Tucson Padres
- Torra Tosses Gem In 3-2 Aces Win Over Bees - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox fall to River Cats 5-3 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Take Opener from RedHawks - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Named 2018 Triple-A Winner of Bob Freitas Award
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City Named Finalist for 2018 Copa de la Diversion
- OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation Helps Provide Winter Coats to Area Elementary Students
- OKC Dodgers MVP Program Now Available Statewide in Oklahoma, Presented by Devon Energy
- Traxxas Monster Truck Tour at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Postponed