Round Rock Knocks Six Doubles in Series-Tying Win
ROUND ROCK, Texas - Chris Davis and Chad Tracy both were 3-for-4 with three RBI as the Round Rock Express defeated the Albuquerque Isotopes 8-2 in Pacific Coast League action Sunday afternoon at The Dell Diamond. The Express (33-24) tied the series one game a piece with the win and increased their lead over the Isotopes (30-25) to one-and-a-half games in the PCL American Southern Division.
John Lindsay's RBI groundout in the top of the first gave Albuquerque the game's first lead, but it was short-lived. Tracy tied the game with a one-out RBI double in the bottom of the inning. Round Rock exploded for four runs in the second thanks to two-run doubles from Kevin Cash and Davis. The Isotopes got a leadoff home run J.D. Closser in the fourth, but the Express answered with three runs in the bottom of the inning on a Davis RBI double and a Tracy two-run homer.
Meanwhile, Express starter Neil Ramirez (4-1) handled the Isotopes for the win. He worked 6.0 innings and matched his season high with nine strikeouts, allowing two runs on four hits and no walks. He surrendered a single and a double to open the game but allowed only Travon Robinson's second-inning double and Closser's fourth-inning homer from there. Ramirez retired each of the last nine batters he faced with five strikeouts.
Ryan Tucker walked two and struck out one in 2.0 no-hit, scoreless innings. Beau Jones worked a perfect ninth in a non-save situation.
Albuquerque starter Alberto Bastardo left the game due to injury after facing three batters in the first inning. Francisco Felix (3-2) took the loss, allowing seven runs on seven hits and three walks over 3.1 innings with two strikeouts. All seven hits Felix surrendered were extra-base hits - six doubles and one home run.
Joey Butler was 2-for-4 with a double for the Express, while Esteban German was 1-for-4 with two runs scored.
Round Rock and Albuquerque continue the four-game series Monday with a 7:05 p.m. CDT first pitch at The Dell Diamond. It will be dueling southpaws as Zach Jackson (4-1, 5.75 ERA) starts for the Express opposite Albuquerque left-hander Randy Keisler (0-2, 8.10 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 5, 2011
- Six-Run First Dooms Zephyrs in Third Straight Loss - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rivas Deals as Sounds Win 7-1 in New Orleans - Nashville Sounds
- Loux Masterful as Grizzlies Take Game One - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Outlast RedHawks on Sunday, 3-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Drop Second Straight to River Cats 12-10 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Bees Rally Late for 3-2 Win Over Aces - Reno Aces
- Cubs Walk off against Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Rips Isotopes, 8-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camp Delivers in Clutch as Cubs Beat Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Knocks Six Doubles in Series-Tying Win - Round Rock Express
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Transactions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Aces Roll out Unique Father's Day Package - Reno Aces
- Padres win wild game - Tucson Padres
- Torra Tosses Gem In 3-2 Aces Win Over Bees - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox fall to River Cats 5-3 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Take Opener from RedHawks - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Dell Diamond Named 2018 Baseball Field of the Year
- Home Run Dugout to Debut at Dell Diamond in 2019
- Austin Elite Rugby Selects Dell Diamond for 2019 Major League Rugby Season
- Nolan Ryan & RS3 Turf Launch Custom Line of Sports Field Materials
- Round Rock Express Become Houston Astros Triple-A Affiliate