Padres win wild game
The Tucson Padres scored five late runs to win a wild game Friday, 12-8 against the Tacoma Rainiers at Kino Stadium. The Padres surged ahead in the first, scoring three times. Four innings later, they scored four runs, highlighted by Nick Hundley's three-run home run. The Padres led 7-0 at the end of six innings, but one half inning later the game was tied. Tacoma sent 11 batters to the plate in a seven-run seventh inning. The Padres bullpen walked four hitters in the frame.
With the score tied at seven, Luis Durango fouled off two pitches with two strikes and eventually hit a two-run double to put the Padres back in front. Jarrett Hoffpauir and Bobby Kielty had RBI hits three pitches apart during the Padres three-run eighth inning. Evan Scribner entered the game with two outs in the eighth inning, while the lead was still two runs, and sealed a four out save when he got Ryan Langerhans to line into a game-ending double play.
Nick Hundley caught six innings in the first game of his injury rehab assignment and went 1-for-2 with a walk and the home run. Hundley is expected to play tomorrow for the T-Pads as he continues to recover from a strained oblique muscle. The drastic Tacoma comeback in the seventh pulled a win from Will Inman, who pitched six shutout innings for Tucson, striking out eight batters.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 5, 2011
- Six-Run First Dooms Zephyrs in Third Straight Loss - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rivas Deals as Sounds Win 7-1 in New Orleans - Nashville Sounds
- Loux Masterful as Grizzlies Take Game One - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Outlast RedHawks on Sunday, 3-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Drop Second Straight to River Cats 12-10 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Bees Rally Late for 3-2 Win Over Aces - Reno Aces
- Cubs Walk off against Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Rips Isotopes, 8-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camp Delivers in Clutch as Cubs Beat Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Knocks Six Doubles in Series-Tying Win - Round Rock Express
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Transactions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Aces Roll out Unique Father's Day Package - Reno Aces
- Padres win wild game - Tucson Padres
- Torra Tosses Gem In 3-2 Aces Win Over Bees - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox fall to River Cats 5-3 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Take Opener from RedHawks - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Padres Stories
- Triple-A Showdown at Kino Stadium from April 11 - 14
- Triple-A Baseball Returns to Tucson for Four More Days
- Feder To Receive Prestigious Presidential Citation At Baseball Winter Meetings Today
- Food Drive at Kino Stadium for Victims of Recent Mexico Weather Disasters
- Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta Is Thursday Through Sunday