Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes
The Oklahoma City RedHawks continue an eight-game homestand with game two of a four-game series against the Memphis Redbirds today at 4:05 p.m. at RedHawks Field at Bricktown...The RedHawks trail the season series 1-4...Memphis won the only series between the teams on opening weekend at Autozone Park...The RedHawks enter Saturday in fourth place in the American Southern Division, 8.0 games back of first place Round Rock...Memphis enters the series in third place in the American Northern division, 5.5 games behind first place Omaha...Today RedHawks RH Sergio Perez will face Redbirds RH P.J. Walters...
Tonight's Starting Pitchers
Sergio Perez is coming off a winning decision on May 31 against Round Rock, in which he allowed two runs and five hits in 6.0 innings...Perez is 4-3 with a 4.33 ERA with 20 BB and 43 strikeouts in 2011... On April 8, Perez allowed two runs and five hits with no walks and six strikeouts in 5.0 innings at Memphis... Perez has won three of his last five appearances... Memphis starter P.J. Walters lost his first three appearances in 2011, including an opening night loss on April 7...Walters has not had a losing decision since April 18....Last time out, Walters allowed four runs, three earned, and eight hits in 5.1 innings without a decision against Albuquerque...
Last Game: Memphis 8, Oklahoma City 4
Memphis built an early lead and never looked back in an 8-4 win over the Oklahoma City RedHawks before 8,312 Saturday night at RedHawks Field at Bricktown... Adam Ottavino (2-4) allowed two runs, one earned, and five hits in 6.2 innings for the win while Andy Van Hekken (0-2) allowed four runs and six hits in 3.0 innings for the losing decision...Three different Redbirds knocked in two runs...Brian Bogusevic knocked in a pair of runs with a seventh inning single...The Redbirds were 3-for-16 with runners in scoring position, leaving 13 runners on base in the game...
Bogusevic Since Option
RedHawks OF Brian Bogusevic is batting .162 (6x37) since being optioned from Houston on May 27...Bogusevic spent over a month with the Astros, contributing off the bench primarily as a pinch hitter....
Astros P Brandon Lyon joins Oklahoma City today, and is scheduled to throw one inning today and Tuesday while rebabbing right biceps tendonitis and a partially torn rotator cuff...Lyon threw 20 pitches to hitters on Thursday, and will join the RedHawks over the weekend...
RedHawks vs. American Northern
The RedHawks have played 21 games against opponents from the American Northern division, posting a 10-11 record...The RedHawks are 1-4 against Memphis, 2-2 against Omaha and 7-5 against Nashville...The next series for OKC is at Omaha at Werner Park...The RedHawks will play the Iowa Cubs for the first time July 4-6 at RedHawks Field at Bricktown...
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 5, 2011
- Six-Run First Dooms Zephyrs in Third Straight Loss - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rivas Deals as Sounds Win 7-1 in New Orleans - Nashville Sounds
- Loux Masterful as Grizzlies Take Game One - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Outlast RedHawks on Sunday, 3-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Drop Second Straight to River Cats 12-10 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Bees Rally Late for 3-2 Win Over Aces - Reno Aces
- Cubs Walk off against Storm Chasers - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Rips Isotopes, 8-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camp Delivers in Clutch as Cubs Beat Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Knocks Six Doubles in Series-Tying Win - Round Rock Express
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Transactions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Aces Roll out Unique Father's Day Package - Reno Aces
- Padres win wild game - Tucson Padres
- Torra Tosses Gem In 3-2 Aces Win Over Bees - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox fall to River Cats 5-3 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Take Opener from RedHawks - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.