Red Bull Arena Set to Host Boca Juniors and Club America for Colossus Cup
HARRISON, N.J. - Red Bull Arena will host Argentinian side Boca Juniors and Mexican side Club America in the first-ever Colossus Cup, presented by TORNEOS, on Wednesday, July 3 at 7 p.m. EST.
Tickets for the general public will go on-sale on Friday, June 7 at 1 p.m. EST via Ticketmaster.com: www.ticketmaster.com/event/000056C5E4DC7A08 or by calling 1-800-745-3000. New York Red Bulls Red Members will have access to a presale beginning Friday, June 7 at 10 a.m.
Argentinian rivals Boca Juniors and River Plate along with Mexican rivals Club America and Chivas de Guadalajara will participate in the ?rst-ever event. The Colossus Cup is being presented by TORNEOS, a leading sports marketing company with extensive experience in media broadcast and event production in Argentina with a global footprint.
Boca Juniors and River Plate are the most prestigious clubs of Argentina's Primera Division. Between the two they have won the Local Championship over 70 times and recently played for the Copa Libertadores tournament ?nal at Real Madrid's home stadium, selling out the match within hours from its announcement. Club America and Chivas de Guadalajara are the undisputed leaders in Liga MX and are the undisputed biggest clubs of the Concacaf. In the Colossus cup format, the Argentinian squads square o? against their Mexican counterparts.
Since opening in 2010, Red Bull Arena has been a destination for international friendlies, including appearances by the United States Men's & Women's National team, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador and Peru. In addition, RBA has been home to numerous top club sides from around the world, which most recently included the 2017 International Champions Cup match between Tottenham Hotspur and A.S. Roma.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 6, 2019
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 5 - 2 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- New York City FC Downs FC Cincinnati 5-2 - FC Cincinnati
- U.S. Soccer Announces Venue Change for Chicago Fire - Saint Louis FC Fourth Round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match - Chicago Fire
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Josef Martinez named to Venezuela's Copa America roster - Atlanta United FC
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Saint-Lazare this Wednesday, June 12 - Montreal Impact
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Heads to Philadelphia for Eastern Conference Clash - New York Red Bulls
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - MLS
- Chicago Fire Defender Francisco Calvo Named to Costa Rica National Team for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Hosts Third Annual STRIKES with Sounders Fundraiser this Sunday, June 9 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jonathan dos Santos and Giancarlo Gonzalez Named to Final Rosters for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - LA Galaxy
- Preview: Sporting Visits Toronto FC on Friday - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bull Arena Set to Host Boca Juniors and Club America for Colossus Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Five FC Cincinnati Players Called up for CONCACAF Gold Cup - FC Cincinnati
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Named to the United States Men's National Team 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Roster - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC's Jonathan Mensah Receives International Call-Up for Ghana National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Defender Nick Lima Named to Final USMNT Gold Cup Roster - San Jose Earthquakes
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Called up by the United States - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Falls 2-1 on the Road in Montreal - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.