MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced
June 6, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Portland Timbers midfielder Sebastian Blanco and defender Larrys Mabiala in violation of the league's policy regarding hands to the face, head or neck of an opponent. Blanco and Mabiala have been issued undisclosed fines for their actions in the 90+ minute of their match against the Los Angeles Football Club on June 1.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found the Portland Timbers and Los Angeles Football Club in violation of the mass confrontation policy during the 90+ minute of their match on June 1. Both clubs will be issued a warning for their first violation. Due to their roles in the mass confrontation, Portland head coach Giovanni Savarese and LAFC assistant coach Ante Razov have been issued undisclosed fines for violating the bench behavior policy.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Atlanta United forward Josef Martinez guilty of simulation/embellishment. Martinez has been issued an undisclosed fine for his actions in the 68th minute of Atlanta's match against the Chicago Fire on June 1.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 6, 2019
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 5 - 2 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- New York City FC Downs FC Cincinnati 5-2 - FC Cincinnati
- U.S. Soccer Announces Venue Change for Chicago Fire - Saint Louis FC Fourth Round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match - Chicago Fire
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Josef Martinez named to Venezuela's Copa America roster - Atlanta United FC
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Saint-Lazare this Wednesday, June 12 - Montreal Impact
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Heads to Philadelphia for Eastern Conference Clash - New York Red Bulls
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - MLS
- Chicago Fire Defender Francisco Calvo Named to Costa Rica National Team for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Hosts Third Annual STRIKES with Sounders Fundraiser this Sunday, June 9 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jonathan dos Santos and Giancarlo Gonzalez Named to Final Rosters for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - LA Galaxy
- Preview: Sporting Visits Toronto FC on Friday - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bull Arena Set to Host Boca Juniors and Club America for Colossus Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Five FC Cincinnati Players Called up for CONCACAF Gold Cup - FC Cincinnati
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Named to the United States Men's National Team 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Roster - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC's Jonathan Mensah Receives International Call-Up for Ghana National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Defender Nick Lima Named to Final USMNT Gold Cup Roster - San Jose Earthquakes
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Called up by the United States - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Falls 2-1 on the Road in Montreal - Seattle Sounders FC