U.S. Soccer Announces Venue Change for Chicago Fire - Saint Louis FC Fourth Round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - U.S. Soccer today announced that the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup fourth round match between Chicago Fire Soccer Club and Saint Louis FC on Tuesday, June 11 at 7:30 p.m. CT has been moved to Harlen C. Hunter Stadium at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Mo., due to minor flooding at the World Wide Technology Soccer Park. All U.S. Open Cup matches will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
The fourth round match will mark the second all-time meeting between the Fire and Saint Louis FC in the U.S. Open Cup. The two clubs met in the 2017 iteration of the tournament, with the Fire capturing a 1-0 fourth round win at Saint Louis.
Entering this year's tournament, the Fire are tied with Seattle Sounders FC for the most U.S. Open Cup championships (four) for an MLS club, previously winning the 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2006 trophies. In 2018, the Fire advanced to the U.S. Open Cup semifinal for the 13th time in Club history, before falling to the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium.
This year's competition will be the 106th edition of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, the world's third-longest-running open soccer tournament. First played in the 1913-1914 season, the competition is open to professional and amateur teams affiliated with U.S. Soccer. The winning team qualifies for the Concacaf Champions League and wins $300,000 in prize money. The team that advances furthest in the tournament from each lower division is also awarded prize money.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 6, 2019
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 5 - 2 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- New York City FC Downs FC Cincinnati 5-2 - FC Cincinnati
- U.S. Soccer Announces Venue Change for Chicago Fire - Saint Louis FC Fourth Round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match - Chicago Fire
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Josef Martinez named to Venezuela's Copa America roster - Atlanta United FC
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Saint-Lazare this Wednesday, June 12 - Montreal Impact
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Heads to Philadelphia for Eastern Conference Clash - New York Red Bulls
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - MLS
- Chicago Fire Defender Francisco Calvo Named to Costa Rica National Team for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Hosts Third Annual STRIKES with Sounders Fundraiser this Sunday, June 9 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jonathan dos Santos and Giancarlo Gonzalez Named to Final Rosters for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - LA Galaxy
- Preview: Sporting Visits Toronto FC on Friday - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bull Arena Set to Host Boca Juniors and Club America for Colossus Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Five FC Cincinnati Players Called up for CONCACAF Gold Cup - FC Cincinnati
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Named to the United States Men's National Team 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Roster - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC's Jonathan Mensah Receives International Call-Up for Ghana National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Defender Nick Lima Named to Final USMNT Gold Cup Roster - San Jose Earthquakes
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Called up by the United States - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Falls 2-1 on the Road in Montreal - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Successfully Appeal Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan's Suspension
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: August 18 - August 24
- Ten-Man Chicago Fire Blank Philadelphia Union 2-0, Move Within One Point of a Playoff Spot
- Ten-Man Chicago Fire Drops Hard Fought 3-2 Loss to Portland, Remains Three Points Away from Playoff Spot
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: August 11 - August 17