Jonathan dos Santos and Giancarlo Gonzalez Named to Final Rosters for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup
LOS ANGELES - LA Galaxy midfielder Jonathan dos Santos and defender Giancarlo Gonzalez have been named to the final rosters of their respective national teams for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup. Dos Santos will represent Mexico and Gonzalez will represent Costa Rica during this year's edition of the region's top international tournament.
As a part of Group A, Dos Santos and Mexico will begin the tournament on Saturday, June 15 when they face Cuba at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California at 7 p.m. PT. They then will face Canada at on June 19 at Broncos Stadium in Denver, Colorado and round out their group stage with a game against Martinique on June 23 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.
For Group B, Gonzalez and his Costa Rica teammates will take on Nicaragua at Estadio Nacional in San Jose, Costa Rica on Sunday, June 16. They will finish out the group stage with games against Bermuda on June 20 in Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas and against Haiti at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey on June 24.
Dos Santos and Gonzalez have been regular fixtures this season for the Galaxy in helping the team to the second-best record in MLS so far. On the year, Dos Santos has made 15 appearances, all starts, while scoring two goals and notching an assist. Gonzalez, after joining the club following the start of the season, has made eight appearances with five starts on the year.
Dos Santos was joined by fellow LA Galaxy midfielder Uriel Antuna for the Mexico Gold Cup preliminary roster. Midfielder Sebastian Lletget was also named to the U.S. Men's National Team preliminary roster ahead of the final Concacaf roster submissions.
The LA Galaxy are in action next when they host NPSL side Orange County FC at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Wednesday, June 12 at 7:30 p.m. PT in the Fourth Round of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
MEXICO NATIONAL TEAM GOLD CUP SCHEDULE:
DATE MATCH TIME LOCATION
Saturday, June 15 Mexico vs. Cuba 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup 7 p.m. PT Rose Bowl Pasadena, CA
Wednesday, June 19 Mexico vs. Canada 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup 7:30 p.m. PT Broncos Stadium at Mile High Denver, CO
Sunday, June 23 Mexico vs. Martinique 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup 5:30 p.m. PT Bank of America Stadium Charlotte, NC
COSTA RICA NATIONAL TEAM GOLD CUP SCHEDULE:
DATE MATCH TIME LOCATION
Sunday, June 16 Costa Rica vs. Nicaragua 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup 5:30 p.m. PT San Jose Costa Rica
Thursday, June 20 Costa Rica vs. Bermuda 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup 6:30 p.m. PT Toyota Stadium Frisco, TX
Monday, June 24 Costa Rica vs. Haiti 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup 6:00 p.m. PT Red Bull Arena Harrison, NJ
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Membership deposits for the 2020 Major League Soccer season are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/deposits to place their 2020 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Membership deposit for $50 per seat. In addition to visiting www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/deposits, fans can place their 2020 Season Ticket Membership deposit at the Dignity Health Sports Park by visiting Galaxy HQ at any LA Galaxy home game. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to place Season Ticket Membership deposits.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 6, 2019
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 5 - 2 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- New York City FC Downs FC Cincinnati 5-2 - FC Cincinnati
- U.S. Soccer Announces Venue Change for Chicago Fire - Saint Louis FC Fourth Round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match - Chicago Fire
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Josef Martinez named to Venezuela's Copa America roster - Atlanta United FC
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Saint-Lazare this Wednesday, June 12 - Montreal Impact
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Heads to Philadelphia for Eastern Conference Clash - New York Red Bulls
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - MLS
- Chicago Fire Defender Francisco Calvo Named to Costa Rica National Team for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Hosts Third Annual STRIKES with Sounders Fundraiser this Sunday, June 9 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jonathan dos Santos and Giancarlo Gonzalez Named to Final Rosters for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - LA Galaxy
- Preview: Sporting Visits Toronto FC on Friday - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bull Arena Set to Host Boca Juniors and Club America for Colossus Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Five FC Cincinnati Players Called up for CONCACAF Gold Cup - FC Cincinnati
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Named to the United States Men's National Team 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Roster - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC's Jonathan Mensah Receives International Call-Up for Ghana National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Defender Nick Lima Named to Final USMNT Gold Cup Roster - San Jose Earthquakes
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Called up by the United States - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Falls 2-1 on the Road in Montreal - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Cruz Azul 2 - Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Seattle Sounders FC 2 - Saturday, August 17, 2019
- LA Galaxy Advise Fans to Arrive Early for Saturday's Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, FC Dallas 0 - Wednesday, August 14, 2019