Match Preview: Red Bulls Heads to Philadelphia for Eastern Conference Clash
HARRISON, N.J. - Two of the Eastern Conference's top teams are set to clash on Saturday as the New York Red Bulls (7-5-3, 24 pts) travels South down I-95 to conference-leader Philadelphia Union (8-4-4, 28 pts). Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET at Talen Energy Stadium with coverage on MSG, MSG Go, and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6:30 p.m. ET with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play, beginning at 7 p.m.
New York and Philadelphia will face off for the 25th time in league play with the Red Bulls unbeaten in the last four (2-0-2) and 6-1-3 in the last ten games against the Union. New York has not allowed a goal to Philadelphia during the Red Bulls' four-match unbeaten streak which spans 365 scoreless minutes. In the last five trips to Talen Energy Stadium, goalkeeper Luis Robles has tallied 19 saves on 24 shots on target, which includes three clean sheets.
The Red Bulls continue to pick up momentum after a slow start, going unbeaten in the last five matches (4-0-1) and winners in six of the last eight matches (6-1-1). New York has tallied four league clean sheets during the successful stretch, whereas they had not recorded one in the first seven MLS matches. The Red Bulls five-match unbeaten streak is the third longest active streak in MLS.
Michael Amir Murillo became the 16th different Red Bull to record a goal in league play, which is two more than all of last season. Murillo also is the fifth different defender to score a goal for New York in their last 13 goals. New York's 16 different goal scorers set a new franchise record, which was previously set in 2015 with 15 goal individual scorers.
New York will have a break in MLS play with an U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round match against the New England Revolution on Tuesday, June 11 at MSU Soccer Park at Pittser Field. Kickoff is slated for 7:30 p.m. ET with coverage on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 6, 2019
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 5 - 2 FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- New York City FC Downs FC Cincinnati 5-2 - FC Cincinnati
- U.S. Soccer Announces Venue Change for Chicago Fire - Saint Louis FC Fourth Round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match - Chicago Fire
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Josef Martinez named to Venezuela's Copa America roster - Atlanta United FC
- 11 Impact Players to Celebrate Soccer in Saint-Lazare this Wednesday, June 12 - Montreal Impact
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Heads to Philadelphia for Eastern Conference Clash - New York Red Bulls
- More Than 100 MLS Players Take International Stage for Summer of Soccer - MLS
- Chicago Fire Defender Francisco Calvo Named to Costa Rica National Team for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Hosts Third Annual STRIKES with Sounders Fundraiser this Sunday, June 9 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jonathan dos Santos and Giancarlo Gonzalez Named to Final Rosters for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - LA Galaxy
- Preview: Sporting Visits Toronto FC on Friday - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bull Arena Set to Host Boca Juniors and Club America for Colossus Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Five FC Cincinnati Players Called up for CONCACAF Gold Cup - FC Cincinnati
- Three Columbus Crew SC Players Named to the United States Men's National Team 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Roster - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC's Jonathan Mensah Receives International Call-Up for Ghana National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Earthquakes Defender Nick Lima Named to Final USMNT Gold Cup Roster - San Jose Earthquakes
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Called up by the United States - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Falls 2-1 on the Road in Montreal - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bull Arena to Host Sky Blue FC Home Finale on September 29
- Match Preview: New York Begin West Coast Trip at Seattle on Sunday
- New York Red Bulls' 11 Days of Service Community Initiative Returns for Seventh Year
- New York Red Bulls and United Soccer Coaches Renew Partnership
- New York Red Bulls Staff Garner National Sports Industry Accolades