Rangers Assign Defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti to Hartford
New York, March 31, 2008 -- New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti was assigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Sanguinetti, 20, skated in 61 games with the Brampton Battalion of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) this season, registering 29 goals and 41 assists for 70 points, along with 38 penalty minutes. The three-time OHL All-Star finished the season third on the team in goals (29) and points (70), and ranked fourth in assists (41). He also led Brampton and tied for 11th in the league with 17 power play goals. Among all OHL defensemen, he ranked first in goals (29) and second in points (70). In the postseason with Brampton, Sanguinetti led the team in assists (three) and finished second in scoring with four points in five games. In addition, he notched a game-high, two goals en route to Player of the Game honors at the 2008 OHL All-Star Classic in Sault Ste. Marie, and was honored as the OHL Defenseman of the Month for February. Sanguinetti also participated at the 2008 IIHF World U-20 Championships in the Czech Republic, registering one goal and two assists for three points in six games for Team USA.
The 6-3, 190-pound defenseman has skated in 263 career OHL games with Owen Sound and Brampton, collecting 70 goals and 142 assists for 212 points, along with 142 penalty minutes. Last season, Sanguinetti led all OHL defensemen in power play goals (18) and ranked second in goals (23). He also led Owen Sound in postseason scoring with six points and tied for first on the team in goals (three) and assists (three). After finishing his 2006-07 junior season with the Attack, Sanguinetti signed an Amateur Tryout Agreement (ATO) with Hartford (AHL) on April 3, 2007 and collected three assists in five regular season games with the Wolf Pack. He also recorded an assist and posted a plus-one rating in his first professional playoff game on April 18, 2007 vs. Providence before signing a professional contract on April 20, 2007.
The native of Trenton, New Jersey was the Rangers' first round choice, 21st overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 31, 2008
- Kings Recall Taylor From Reading - Manchester Monarchs
- Transaction Update - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti to Hartford - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- The Envelopes, Please... - AHL
- Admirals Look To Close Out 2007-08 Home Schedule On Strong Note - Norfolk Admirals
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins Host Aeros' Lone Visit Friday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals MDA Jersey Auction Breaks $200,000 Mark - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Sign Burton To ATO - Albany Devils
- Give Blood, Watch Hockey - Milwaukee Admirals
- The 'Dogs wrap up their road swing and host two games at Copps Coliseum this weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose's Moran named Rbk/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Aeros Weekly - Houston Aeros
- Take the Calder Cup Challenge - Albany River Rats
- Divisional Games Take Center Stage This Week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Early-Bird, Season Ticket Pricing to Remain Same for 2008-09 - Peoria Rivermen
- Marlies C Max Taylor Loaned To Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Syracuse Streaking - Syracuse Crunch
- Two Carolina Draft Picks Join Albany's Roster - Albany River Rats
- Devils Weekly #26- Devils Take Two Of Three - Albany Devils
- Big Divisional Rivalries This Week For Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Look To Continue Win Streak This Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Hog Talk Tonight At Cousins Bar And Grill - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford Closes In On Calder Cup Playoff Birth - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Begin Season's Final Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Moran Named Rbk/AHL Player Of The Week - Manitoba Moose
- Streak Ends At 10 In Week 25 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Reassign Glenn Fisher To Stockton - Springfield Falcons
- River Rats Weekly - Albany River Rats
- Crunch Announce Details Of Dick's Sporting Goods Buy One, Get One Free' Promotion Set For April 2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Press Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Denis Returns to Norfolk, Munce Reassigned to Mississippi - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals Weekly - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sharks Get Young Blood To Bolster Roster - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Release Reid - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.