Rain, Rain Go Away
KANSAS CITY - Kan. - Like everyone in the metro Kansas City area the T-Bones and the Lincoln Saltdogs were dodging the rain the last two days. The two teams were rained out for the second day in a row due to unplayable field conditions Tuesday night at T-Bones Stadium. The grounds crew once again made every effort to get the field ready to play the game once the rain stopped but the amount of precipitation that has fallen in the area was just too much to allow the teams to take the field in safe conditions.
The two teams will play two seven inning games Wednesday evening with game one beginning at 5:00 pm. The T-Bones are expected to start RHP Dylan Baker while Lincoln will start LHP Kyle Kinman. In game two the T-Bones will start RHP Randall Delgado and the Saltdogs will counter with RHP Shairon Martis. The series was originally scheduled for three games but the clubs will only be able to play two games. The pair will make up the remaining game when Lincoln returns to Kansas City on August 21st.
Tickets for Tuesday night's game will be good for any future regular-season home game and may be exchanged at the Saint Luke's box office at T-Bones Stadium for a ticket of equal or lesser value, subject to availability.
Wednesday will feature pre-game autographs from the T-Bones players and none other than Sizzle himself with the gates opening at 4:30 pm.
Full and half-season 2019 ticket packages as well as mini plans are on sale now online or by calling (913) 328-5618 or by visiting the Saint Luke's Box Office between the hours of 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Group ticket sales are also on sale now.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 21, 2019
- Early Long Balls Doom 'Roaders - Cleburne Railroaders
- Liguori, 'Cats Blank X's, 7-0, in Home Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints and Dogs Postponed, Doubleheader on Wednesday - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs-Saints Postponed; Double-Header Tomorrow - Chicago Dogs
- Rain, Rain Go Away - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Dogs and T-Bones Postponed for Second Straight Night - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Hill's Gem, Nieto's Bat Help Birds Clinch Series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Drop Another Well Pitched Game 6-2 - Texas AirHogs
- Birds Score 18 Runs, Wallop AirHogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Clip Railroaders in Cleburne - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Milwaukee Edges RedHawks 5-3 in Home Opener - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Shorthanded 'Roaders Come up Short in Opener - Cleburne Railroaders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.