Milwaukee Edges RedHawks 5-3 in Home Opener
FARGO, N.D. - The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (1-3) started out well in the 2019 home opener, taking an early 1-0 lead on the expansion Milwaukee Milkmen (3-2) in the bottom of the first inning and holding the lead until the Milkmen came surging back to take a 3-2 lead in the top of the sixth thanks to a couple untimely errors from Fargo-Moorhead and beat the RedHawks 5-3, Monday night in front 2,326 fans at Newman Outdoor Field.
Hawks' pitcher Michael Tamburino had thrown 5 perfect innings. Both teams each tacked on a run in the 7th, and the Milkmen scratched across one more insurance run in the 9th to extend their lead to 5-3.
Fargo-Moorhead attempted to mount a late game comeback in the bottom of the 9th, and managed to bring the tying run to the plate after an 8 pitch walk from Milwaukee closer Myles Smith to Devan Ahart. But Smith managed to strike out Correlle Prime to secure himself the save and the game for Milwaukee.
The RedHawks will play the game two of the four-game series with Milwaukee tomorrow at 6:00 PM. The RedHawks will have Will Solomon on the mound against Zac Westcott for the Milkmen. Jack Michaels will have the call on The Fan 790AM and Americanassociationbaseball.tv, beginning at 5:40 PM.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 21, 2019
- Early Long Balls Doom 'Roaders - Cleburne Railroaders
- Liguori, 'Cats Blank X's, 7-0, in Home Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints and Dogs Postponed, Doubleheader on Wednesday - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs-Saints Postponed; Double-Header Tomorrow - Chicago Dogs
- Rain, Rain Go Away - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Dogs and T-Bones Postponed for Second Straight Night - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Hill's Gem, Nieto's Bat Help Birds Clinch Series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Drop Another Well Pitched Game 6-2 - Texas AirHogs
- Birds Score 18 Runs, Wallop AirHogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Clip Railroaders in Cleburne - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Milwaukee Edges RedHawks 5-3 in Home Opener - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Shorthanded 'Roaders Come up Short in Opener - Cleburne Railroaders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- RedHawks Announce 2020 Regular Season Schedule
- RedHawks Win 4-3 in Game Two of NDCS; One Game Away from Series Win
- Jim Bennett Named 2019 American Association Manager of the Year
- RedHawks Take Game One of NDCS with 3-2 Victory over Saints
- RedHawks Yhoxian Medina Named 2019 American Association Defensive Player of the Year