Railroaders Lose Fourth in a Row
CLEBURNE, Texas - K.C. Huth went 2-for-3 with a double and two runs scored, but Cleburne couldn't overcome an early deficit in a 10-3 loss to the Lincoln Saltdogs at The Depot on Friday night.
Huth scored both of Cleburne's runs against the knuckleballer Dan Johnson, but the Saltdogs scored twice in the 1st and again in the 2nd before Christian Ibarra hit a three-run homer in his first start since Sunday to give the Saltdogs a 6-1 lead in the 3rd inning.
Cleburne pegged Johnson for six hits and collected eight hits in total, including a season-best six doubles.
Cleburne starter Michael Gunn went six-plus innings and gave up 10 runs on 12 hits with three walks and three strikeouts. Roman Gomez pitched a scoreless 7th, Jesus Sanchez threw a scoreless 8th and Shawn Blackwell finished things off with a clean 9th.
The Saltdogs opened the scoring with a pair of one-out RBI doubles in the 1st inning - the first by Randolph Oduber before Curt Smith broke a 1-for-19 skid with his 66th RBI of the year.
The Railroaders immediately got one run back in the bottom of the 1st after Huth knocked a one-out single and Patrick Palmeiro clubbed a two-out RBI double.
Lincoln then loaded the bases with nobody out in the 2nd, but scored only once on Ivan Marin's sacrifice fly.
Cleburne scored again in the 3rd when Levi Scott scored Huth with an RBI double.
The Saltdogs extended the lead on Alex Glenn's RBI double in the 6th before scoring three more times to make it 10-2 in the 7th inning.
Cam Monger doubled in a run in the 9th - only Cleburne's fifth hit from the 6-7-8-9 hitters over the last seven games.
The two teams wrap up the series at The Depot on Saturday night. First pitch time is set for 7:06 p.m. and will feature RHP Patrick Mincey against LHP Jose Jose.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 24, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Goldeyes Homer Five Times to Outslug T-Bones - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Avoid Being No-Hit in 9th But Fall to RedHawks, 7-1 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Banwart Superb Again, Wingnuts Inch Closer to T-Bones - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Keep Rolling with Fifth Straight Win, Crush Dogs 10-3 - St. Paul Saints
- Railroaders Lose Fourth in a Row - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Sign Former Batavia High Product Allison - Chicago Dogs
- Wheeling and Dealing: Saints Make Two Trades for Depth at Deadline, Add Outfielder, Local Product Dan Motl and Utility Man Trevor Sealey - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Boost Offense with Hayes Bat - Kansas City T-Bones
- Canaries Trade Dan Motl to St. Paul, Sign Catcher Vasquez - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Joe Everson, Anthem Artist, to Perform at T-Bones Stadium - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Almost Complete Comeback against Birds - Sioux City Explorers
- Canaries Hang on for Road Win over Sioux City - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Robichaux Comes One out Away from No-Hitter in Saltdogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Dogs Spoil Quality Simms Start, Fall to St. Paul 3-1 - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.