Dogs Sign Former Batavia High Product Allison
Rosemont, Ill. - The Chicago Dogs announced Friday the signing of right-handed pitcher, and Batavia native Ben Allison to the active roster.
The Dogs have placed right-handed reliever Brandon Shimo on the disabled list to make room on the roster for Allison.
Allison joins Chicago upon signing his second professional contract. Allison last pitched for the Florence Freedom of the independent Frontier League in 2016. While with Florence, Allison pitched to a 1-1 record and logged a 4.20 ERA in six appearances, including one start.
As a collegiate Allison pitched for two different schools, including Kishwaukee College in nearby Malta, Ill. Allison finished his collegiate career at Division III Belhaven College in Jackson, MS.
In three years of collegiate baseball Allison pitched to a 15-9 record and a 4.03 ERA.
Allison pitched for Batavia High School from 2009 through 2012. The right-hander is the fifth Bulldog all-time to sign a professional baseball contract.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 24, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Goldeyes Homer Five Times to Outslug T-Bones - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Avoid Being No-Hit in 9th But Fall to RedHawks, 7-1 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Banwart Superb Again, Wingnuts Inch Closer to T-Bones - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Keep Rolling with Fifth Straight Win, Crush Dogs 10-3 - St. Paul Saints
- Railroaders Lose Fourth in a Row - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Sign Former Batavia High Product Allison - Chicago Dogs
- Wheeling and Dealing: Saints Make Two Trades for Depth at Deadline, Add Outfielder, Local Product Dan Motl and Utility Man Trevor Sealey - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Boost Offense with Hayes Bat - Kansas City T-Bones
- Canaries Trade Dan Motl to St. Paul, Sign Catcher Vasquez - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Joe Everson, Anthem Artist, to Perform at T-Bones Stadium - Kansas City T-Bones
- X's Almost Complete Comeback against Birds - Sioux City Explorers
- Canaries Hang on for Road Win over Sioux City - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Robichaux Comes One out Away from No-Hitter in Saltdogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Dogs Spoil Quality Simms Start, Fall to St. Paul 3-1 - Chicago Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.