Railroaders Drop Series in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Levi Scott went 2-for-3 with an RBI in his return to the lineup, but Cleburne gave up three runs in the 6th and five unanswered runs total in a 5-3 loss to the Kansas City T-Bones at T-Bones Stadium on Saturday night.
Scott drove in the game's first run with an RBI single following Trevor Sealey's double in the 1st inning, and Angelo Gumbs added another with a fielder's choice.
Kansas City got a run back with a two-out RBI single in the bottom of the 1st before Todd Cunningham tied the game with a two-out triple in the 3rd.
John Hayes came in for the 6th inning of a 2-2 game and gave up a leadoff single to Adrian Nieto before walking Keith Curcio. After a strikeout of Alay Lago, both runners advanced on a wild pitch and Nieto scored the go-ahead run on another wild pitch before Mason Davis added a run on a sacrifice fly. Anthony Phillips later scored on a third wild pitch of the inning.
Cleburne got one unearned run back in the 8th inning on Patrick Palmeiro's RBI single that scored Trevor Sealey - who reached on an error with one out in the inning -- but Cleburne brought the go-ahead run to the plate against Cody Winiarski in the 9th inning before Sealey struck out to end the game.
Sealey went 1-for-5 with a double and a run scored, and Patrick Palmeiro went 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI.
Cleburne starter Michael Gunn gave up two runs on six hits over five innings, and former Railroader Jared Mortensen went five innings and gave up two runs on three hits with seven strikeouts in his T-Bones debut.
Game 3 of the three-game series and the last of the six-game roadtrip is set for 1:05 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. RHP Jesus Sanchez will make his first start for Cleburne against spot-starter Barrett Astin for the Kansas City T-Bones.
The Railroaders return home to open a three-game set with the AirHogs - with the first two played at The Depot - on Monday, August 20. Tickets and all promo information are available at www.railroaderbaseball.com or by calling (817) 945-8705.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 18, 2018
- Railroaders Drop Series in Kansas City - Cleburne Railroaders
- Vavra's Three Doubles Lift Dogs Past Wichita - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Rob Railroaders; Come Back to Win 5-3 - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saints Fall in Final Game of Homestand to RedHawks 8-4 - St. Paul Saints
- Similar Script Downs Wingnuts in Game Two - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Sneak by Canaries Late - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Topoozian Dazzles as Explorers Shut out Fish - Sioux City Explorers
- Savage's 8th Inning Sacrifice Fly Seals RailCats Fourth Straight Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lambson Stellar, But Goldeyes Blanked by X's - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs, Saltdogs Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Texas AirHogs
- Severe Thunderstorm Swamps Saltdogs on Saturday - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Add Shortstop Phillips - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Stumble in Series Opener vs. Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- Explorers Begin Northern Road Trip with Win over Fish - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.