AirHogs Stumble in Series Opener vs. Lincoln
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - Casio Grider and Liang Pei each finished with two hits, but the AirHogs dropped the opener of their three-game set vs. Lincoln 8-1 Friday. The teams continue the series tomorrow at 7:05.
Zhang Tao (1-2) allowed three runs (two earned) over five innings as the AirHogs starter. Liu Guoqing, Conner Camacho, and Dong Zezhi allowed a combined five runs (five earned) over four innings of relief.
Grider celebrated his 31st birthday in style with a triple and a run scored in the bottom of the fourth to briefly trim the Saltdogs lead to 3-1. He scored on an RBI base hit by the second baseman Liang Pei, who also dazzled on multiple pop fly grabs in shallow right field throughout the evening.
Lincoln outhit Texas 16-5. The Saltdogs were led by Randolph Oduber and Curt Smith, who racked up a combined seven hits, five runs and three RBIs. Smith hit his 17th homer of the season, a solo blast in the sixth.
Kyle Kinman (6-3) earned the win with eight innings of one-run ball. Derek Gordon fired a frame of scoreless relief for Lincoln.
Texas (20-62) continues the series with Lincoln (41-42) Saturday at 7:05. RHP Cody White (0-2, 9.00 ERA) is expected to start for Texas. RHP Austin Robichaux (3-6, 4.88 ERA) is expected to start for Lincoln. A live broadcast of the game will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs and americanassociationbaseball.tv.
The Texas AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles will remain in town through the 19th and will return home next week vs. Wichita after a short roadtrip to Cleburne. Tickets for all home games are available. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 18, 2018
- Railroaders Drop Series in Kansas City - Cleburne Railroaders
- Vavra's Three Doubles Lift Dogs Past Wichita - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Rob Railroaders; Come Back to Win 5-3 - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saints Fall in Final Game of Homestand to RedHawks 8-4 - St. Paul Saints
- Similar Script Downs Wingnuts in Game Two - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Sneak by Canaries Late - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Topoozian Dazzles as Explorers Shut out Fish - Sioux City Explorers
- Savage's 8th Inning Sacrifice Fly Seals RailCats Fourth Straight Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lambson Stellar, But Goldeyes Blanked by X's - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs, Saltdogs Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Texas AirHogs
- Severe Thunderstorm Swamps Saltdogs on Saturday - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Add Shortstop Phillips - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Stumble in Series Opener vs. Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- Explorers Begin Northern Road Trip with Win over Fish - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas AirHogs Stories
- Hilton Is AirHogs Second All Star
- Erik Manoah's Revenge Tour Continues, AirHogs Win 5-3
- AirHogs Comeback Falls Just Short, Canaries win 6-4
- As rain pushed finish to nearly midnight, the AirHogs fall 5-1
- Zhang Tao Takes Another Tough Loss, AirHogs Drop Series Opener 5-0