Preview: Orlando City to Face Vancouver on Saturday
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (2-3-2, 8 points) returns home to face the Vancouver Whitecaps (1-4-2, 5 points) on Saturday at Orlando City Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. ET.
The match will be locally televised on My65 and available on YouTube TV. It will also be broadcasted on Real Radio 104.1 FM in English and La Nueva 990 AM in Spanish.
"When you look at the chance creation we've been pleased. Our biggest frustrations we feel with the games we've had is that we've made it too easy where we've gifted goals to the opposition," Head Coach James O'Connor said. "From an attacking standpoint we've been really pleased with the style we've shown and the chance creation we've shown."
The Lions are coming off a 2-1 defeat at Real Salt Lake this past Saturday, their first road loss of the season. RSL jumped out to a 2-0 lead with goals in the 17th and 55th minutes respectively. Nani scored the lone goal for City on the evening off a free kick from just outside the area, but the comeback came up short in the end.
Nani now shares the team lead with Dom Dwyer with his three goals in 2019 while holding the sole lead in assists with four. His four assists are tied for second in MLS with four other players. Goalkeeper Brian Rowe shares the league lead in saves with his 24 registered saves this season.
Vancouver enters Saturday's match fresh off a 1-0 victory over LAFC on Wednesday. Inbeom Hwang scored the lone goal on the night in the 27th minute to give the Whitecaps their first win of 2019.
Following Saturday's contest, City will head back out on the road to face NYCFC at Yankee Stadium. The match will be the second and final between the two in the regular season, having played to a 2-2 draw in the season opener.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 18, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: April 18, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Clubs to Seek Training Compensation and Solidarity Payments Consistent with FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players - MLS
- Major League Soccer to Expand to 30 Clubs - MLS
- Sebas Mendez Providing Crucial Ver Satility in City's Midfield - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Orlando City to Face Vancouver on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and U.S. Soccer Partner with Headspace in Multi-Year Deal - MLS
- New York City FC Launches City Select League to Expand Academy Structure - New York City FC
- Philadelphia Union, UniMas Partner to Offer Club's First-Ever Spanish-Language Broadcast Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- Generation adidas Cup to Feature Concert at National Soccer Hall of Fame - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Toronto FC - Minnesota United FC
- MD Anderson and Houston Dynamo to Host End Cancer Night April 27 - Houston Dynamo
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host Venezuela at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution and Chelsea Football Club Join the March of the Living - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Faces Expansion Side FC Cincinnati Friday at Nippert Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Hwang goal, all-around performance give 'Caps first win in shutout over MLS leaders LAFC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Loses 1-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday Evening - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- This Week in Orlando City History: May 18th-24th
- this Week in Orlando City History: May 11th-17th
- Our Real Heroes: Dr. Raymond Franklin & Dr. Steve Cheung
- This Week in Orlando City History: May 4th-10th
- How Orlando City's Staff Is Keeping and Eye on Player Fitness