Real Salt Lake Faces Expansion Side FC Cincinnati Friday at Nippert Stadium
SANDY, Utah - Real Salt Lake returns to the road to face 2019 Major League Soccer expansion side FC Cincinnati on Friday. Kickoff from Nippert Stadium is set for 5:30p MT and can be seen live on KMYU and the KSL TV app.
Last weekend RSL broke a four-match losing skid when it topped Orlando City SC 2-1 at Rio Tinto Stadium, a match that saw FW Sam Johnson score his first goal for the club before MF Damir Kreilach notched his second of the year in the win. Kreilach together with MF Albert Rusnák, now sit tied atop the club's goal scoring charts with two goals apiece in 2019.
Friday's meeting will be the first between RSL and FC Cincinnati as the league's 24th team continues its inaugural season. In its 15-year history, RSL is 4-7-1 all-time in its first meeting against an expansion side. Cincinnati arrived at the MLS landscape after three years spent in the USL Championship where it featured as one of the league's most successful, prominent clubs. Most recently, Cincinnati capped its final season in the USL Championship having claimed the USL Championship Shield after playing to the league's best record in 2018.
RSL Academy products continue to reign supreme during the 2019 Major League Soccer season having played a total of 2,178 minutes through seven matches. Former RSL Academy men DFs Aaron Herrera along with veterans DF Nedum Onuoha and GK Nick Rimando have played every minute for RSL this season.
How to Follow Real Salt Lake @ FC Cincinnati - Fri., April 19, 2019
- Coverage Begins: 5:00 p.m. MT
- Local TV: KMYU with David James (play-by-play), Brian Dunseth (color) & Samantha Yarock (sideline)
- Digital Streaming: KSL TV App
- English Radio: ESPN700 with Bill Riley (play-by-play) & Jay Nolly (color)
- Spanish Radio: 107.1 FM
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 18, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: April 18, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Clubs to Seek Training Compensation and Solidarity Payments Consistent with FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players - MLS
- Major League Soccer to Expand to 30 Clubs - MLS
- Sebas Mendez Providing Crucial Ver Satility in City's Midfield - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Orlando City to Face Vancouver on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and U.S. Soccer Partner with Headspace in Multi-Year Deal - MLS
- New York City FC Launches City Select League to Expand Academy Structure - New York City FC
- Philadelphia Union, UniMas Partner to Offer Club's First-Ever Spanish-Language Broadcast Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- Generation adidas Cup to Feature Concert at National Soccer Hall of Fame - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Toronto FC - Minnesota United FC
- MD Anderson and Houston Dynamo to Host End Cancer Night April 27 - Houston Dynamo
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host Venezuela at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution and Chelsea Football Club Join the March of the Living - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Faces Expansion Side FC Cincinnati Friday at Nippert Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Hwang goal, all-around performance give 'Caps first win in shutout over MLS leaders LAFC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Loses 1-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday Evening - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Travels to San Jose in Vital Western Conference Clash
- Real Salt Lake Plays to Scoreless Draw with FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Faces FC Dallas on Saturday for the First Time in 2020
- Real Salt Lake Downs Portland Timbers FC 2-1
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Portland Timbers FC to Utah and Wednesday