LAFC Loses 1-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday Evening
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) lost 1-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC at BC Palace on Wednesday evening, ending their seven match unbeaten streak to start the 2019 campaign.
Vancouver midfielder Inbeom Hwang scored the lone goal of the match in the 27th minute. The unanswered goal earned the Whitecaps FC their first win of the season. Shaft Brewer Jr., Niko Hämäläinen and Peter-Lee Vassell all made their first starts for the Black & Gold, with Vassell and Brewer Jr. logging a full 90 minutes of play.
After eight matches, LAFC continues to sit atop the Western Conference standings with a 6-1-1 (19 points) record. The Club returns to action on Sunday, April 21 hosting Seattle Sounders FC at Banc of California Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. PT and will be broadcast live on FS1, the ESPN App and KFWB 980.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 18, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: April 18, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Clubs to Seek Training Compensation and Solidarity Payments Consistent with FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players - MLS
- Major League Soccer to Expand to 30 Clubs - MLS
- Sebas Mendez Providing Crucial Ver Satility in City's Midfield - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Orlando City to Face Vancouver on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and U.S. Soccer Partner with Headspace in Multi-Year Deal - MLS
- New York City FC Launches City Select League to Expand Academy Structure - New York City FC
- Philadelphia Union, UniMas Partner to Offer Club's First-Ever Spanish-Language Broadcast Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- Generation adidas Cup to Feature Concert at National Soccer Hall of Fame - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Toronto FC - Minnesota United FC
- MD Anderson and Houston Dynamo to Host End Cancer Night April 27 - Houston Dynamo
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host Venezuela at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution and Chelsea Football Club Join the March of the Living - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Faces Expansion Side FC Cincinnati Friday at Nippert Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Hwang goal, all-around performance give 'Caps first win in shutout over MLS leaders LAFC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Loses 1-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday Evening - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs Two-Time Golden Boot Winner Bradley Wright-Phillips
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman
- LAFC and Forward Josh Perez Mutually Agree to Part Ways
- LAFC Unveils New Primary Black Jersey for 2020-21 Seasons
- LAFC Celebrates Jersey Release with Four Day Community Event Beginning Wednesday, February 5