U.S. Men's National Team to Host Venezuela at Nippert Stadium
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati and the University of Cincinnati's Nippert Stadium will host the U.S. Men's National Team on Sunday, June 9, when the squad welcomes Venezuela to the historic venue in its final preparation match ahead of the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup.
Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. in the USMNT's first-ever visit to the Queen City. The match will be televised live on FOX and the Univision Networks. Fans will also be able to follow along via U.S. Soccer's official Facebook, Twitter (@USMNT) and Instagram (@USMNT) accounts.
"We are looking forward to having this opportunity heading into the Gold Cup," U.S. MNT head coach Gregg Berhalter said. "Venezuela is in a period of emerging talent with their national teams. This generation of players reached the 2017 U-20 World Cup Final and has already produced an impressive result at the senior level by beating Argentina. Like us, they have been testing themselves against different types of opposition. When you add in the support that FC Cincinnati has developed and we expect to see, you couldn't ask for a better preparation match."
"We're thrilled to welcome the U.S. Men's National Team to Cincinnati," FC Cincinnati President and General Manager Jeff Berding said. "Our city showed spectacular support and excitement for the U.S. Women's National Team during their last visit here in September 2017, and we expect another memorable showing from our region to send the Men's National Team off to the Gold Cup this year.
"We want to show U.S. Soccer just how passionate and engaged our soccer community in the Greater Cincinnati region is, and this is another fantastic opportunity to express our resounding support for our national teams."
Tickets go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. ET on Thursday, April 25, through ussoccer.com's ticket portal.
FC Cincinnati Season Ticket Members will have access to a special presale from 10 a.m. ET on Tuesday, April 23 through 8 a.m. ET on Wednesday, April 24. All orders will be online and all FC Cincinnati Season Ticket Members will be limited to eight (8) tickets per account via the presale. STMs will receive an email with presale access information.
As this is an outside event, FCC Season Ticket Members are not guaranteed access to their FC Cincinnati season seat locations. Additionally, each section in The Bailey (sections 131-135) will be General Admission by section. U.S. Soccer will manage GA wristband ticketing protocols.
Group ticketing options will be available for the match for as groups as small as 20, and availability will begin on Thursday, April 25, at 10 a.m.
Ultimate Fan Tickets - special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits - are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.
Coaches Circle and Presidents Circle members supporting the U.S. Soccer Development Fund can receive individual customer support and concierge services for their ticketing needs. Click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
No advance ticket sales will be available at Nippert Stadium.
THREE THINGS ON USA-VENEZUELA
The MNT plays for the first time at the home of FC Cincinnati. Overall, the U.S. holds a 10-2-3 record in the state of Ohio. Seeking to win a record-tying seventh Gold Cup title, the United States will open group play on June 18 at a sold-out Allianz Field in St. Paul, Minn. The MNT will play one more Gold Cup warmup prior to the June 9 match in Cincinnati.
Having first met at the 1993 Copa America, this will be the sixth meeting between the United States and Venezuela, with the USA posting an unbeaten 3-0-2 mark in the series. Christian Pulisic had the goal while Tim Howard earned Budweiser Man of the Match honors in the last meeting, a 1-1 draw on June 3, 2017, in Salt Lake City.
U.S. midfielder Michael Bradley earned his first cap against Venezuela during the Send-Off Series for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Cleveland. Graham Zusi made his MNT debut six years later in the 1-0 win to open the USA's 2012 campaign in Glendale, Ariz.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 18, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: April 18, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Clubs to Seek Training Compensation and Solidarity Payments Consistent with FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players - MLS
- Major League Soccer to Expand to 30 Clubs - MLS
- Sebas Mendez Providing Crucial Ver Satility in City's Midfield - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Orlando City to Face Vancouver on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and U.S. Soccer Partner with Headspace in Multi-Year Deal - MLS
- New York City FC Launches City Select League to Expand Academy Structure - New York City FC
- Philadelphia Union, UniMas Partner to Offer Club's First-Ever Spanish-Language Broadcast Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- Generation adidas Cup to Feature Concert at National Soccer Hall of Fame - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Toronto FC - Minnesota United FC
- MD Anderson and Houston Dynamo to Host End Cancer Night April 27 - Houston Dynamo
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host Venezuela at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution and Chelsea Football Club Join the March of the Living - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Faces Expansion Side FC Cincinnati Friday at Nippert Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Hwang goal, all-around performance give 'Caps first win in shutout over MLS leaders LAFC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Loses 1-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday Evening - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Star64 to Re-Air Classic 2017 U.S. Open Cup Match against Columbus on Saturday
- More Classic FC Cincinnati Games Return to WSTR Star64 on Saturday
- Social Second-Screen Shows Planned for Weekend Star64 Encores
- WSTR Star64 to Re-Air Classic FC Cincinnati Games this Weekend
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Raising Funds for West End Student Meals