Generation adidas Cup to Feature Concert at National Soccer Hall of Fame
April 18, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer (MLS) announced today the full programming schedule at the 2019 Generation adidas Cup held at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. The schedule of programming includes a concert, coaching symposium and player engagement seminars throughout the week. The unparalleled player experience will be heightened by adidas' presence and activations at the elite youth tournament.
Bas, the acclaimed Queens-based rapper signed to J. Cole's Dreamville record label, will cap the week of festivities at the conclusion of tournament play with a performance at the National Soccer Hall of Fame on Saturday, April 20. Since signing with the label in 2014, Bas has gone on to release top hits such as "Tribe" featuring J. Cole and "Boca Raton" featuring A$AP Ferg, each garnering tens of millions of streams.
In addition to the concert, Generation adidas Cup will also see top minds in global soccer share best practices in player development in two days of presentations to be streamed live on Twitch. FC Dallas head coach and former academy director Luchi Gonzalez and Atlanta United academy director Tony Annan will each headline the "GA Cup: Conversations at the MLS Coaching Symposium" seminar where they will present on how their respective academies have seen success in player development. Additional coaches will present in the symposium including leaders from top clubs Dinamo Zagreb, Olympique Lyonnais, Valencia and Toronto FC.
"Generation adidas Cup provides academy players with world-class on-field competition while immersing them into a professional environment early in their playing careers," said Fred Lipka, MLS Vice President of Youth and Player Development. "The goal of MLS academies is to develop players suited to excel both on and off the pitch, and Generation adidas Cup plays an important role on the journey to success for these young men."
Athletes at the 2019 Generation adidas Cup will compete at the highest levels on the field and engage in learnings and professional grade amenities off the field. All MLS academy players will participate in a workshop including talks and Q&A's from MLS staff, former players, and an NCAA administrator to prepare the athletes for both collegiate and professional soccer careers.
Technology will play an important role in the player experience at Generation adidas Cup, particularly the use of Ortec to provide all participating clubs with detailed match reports and real time statistics. Video and data driven analysis of every match will give teams the ability to make game-by-game adjustments and provide players with individual player reports they can use to tailor their next performance.
Additionally, the adidas Player's Lounge will offer entertainment to athletes with dedicated soccer skills stations, gaming lounges, and social media photography booths, among other activities. Generation adidas Cup is the latest MLS event to incorporate the adidas Player's Lounge, following in the footsteps of All-Star and MLS Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 18, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: April 18, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- MLS Clubs to Seek Training Compensation and Solidarity Payments Consistent with FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players - MLS
- Major League Soccer to Expand to 30 Clubs - MLS
- Sebas Mendez Providing Crucial Ver Satility in City's Midfield - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Orlando City to Face Vancouver on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and U.S. Soccer Partner with Headspace in Multi-Year Deal - MLS
- New York City FC Launches City Select League to Expand Academy Structure - New York City FC
- Philadelphia Union, UniMas Partner to Offer Club's First-Ever Spanish-Language Broadcast Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- Generation adidas Cup to Feature Concert at National Soccer Hall of Fame - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. Toronto FC - Minnesota United FC
- MD Anderson and Houston Dynamo to Host End Cancer Night April 27 - Houston Dynamo
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host Venezuela at Nippert Stadium - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution and Chelsea Football Club Join the March of the Living - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Faces Expansion Side FC Cincinnati Friday at Nippert Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Hwang goal, all-around performance give 'Caps first win in shutout over MLS leaders LAFC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Loses 1-0 to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday Evening - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.