Predators Acquire Helewka, Dauphin
Milwaukee, WI - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has acquired forwards Laurent Dauphin and Adam Helewka from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for forward Emil Pettersson. In addition, the Admirals have traded forward Jeremy Gregoire to the Tucson Roadrunners in exchange for future considerations.
Dauphin has six goals and 20 points in 34 games with the Roadrunners this season, where he served as an alternate captain. The 6-foot-1, 181-pound forward also appeared in one game with Arizona in 2018-19 and has suited up in 35 career NHL contests - all with the Coyotes - tallying three goals and one assist. After making his NHL debut on Dec. 29, 2015, Dauphin played in a career-high 24 NHL games in 2016-17, scoring twice and adding an assist. The Repentigny, Que., native has skated in 192 career AHL games with Tucson, Rockford, Springfield and Portland and has posted 44 goals and 102 points since making his pro debut in 2014-15. Dauphin was originally drafted in the second round (39th overall) by the Coyotes in the 2013 NHL Draft.
Helewka sits second on the Roadrunners in points this season with 31 (13g-18a), seven shy of matching his AHL career high, in 41 games. Now in his third professional season, the 6-foot-2, 205-pound forward has played in 165 career AHL contests with Tucson and San Jose, recording 36 goals and 99 points. Originally drafted in the fourth round (106th overall) by the San Jose Sharks in the 2015 NHL Draft, the Burnaby, B.C., native spent four seasons in the Western Hockey League with the Spokane Chiefs and Red Deer Rebels before turning pro, amassing 238 points (119g-119g) in 244 games from 2012-15.
Helewka and Dauphin will look to make their debuts with the Ads tonight when the team takes on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Friday night at 7 pm. Following the game classic rock legends STYX will perform in a post-game concert.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2019
- Special Teams Fuel Overtime Defeat for Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Colorado Scores Four Unanswered to Defeat Heat, 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners' Offense Quiet in Rockford as Lengthy Trip Begins with a Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Penguins Defeat Admirals, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stockton Starts Hot, Falters Late in 4-2 Defeat - Stockton Heat
- Belzile Gets 100th AHL Point in 5-2 Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Slow Start Too Much to Overcome for Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bernier scores team-leading ninth power-play goal as Bridgeport comes up short of third straight road win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Rally in 3rd to Defeat Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunches Pack, 6-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sens Pick up Win in Laval - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Win 2-1 to Push Point Streak to 12 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Blank Wolf Pack, 6-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Score Five Unanswered in Comeback Win over Phantoms - Utica Comets
- Americans Earn Split of Season Series with T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Redmond Recalled from South Carolina - San Diego Gulls
- Graves Recalled to NHL, Boikov Returns to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Forward Matt Luff Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Jonas Siegenthaler Re-Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Tucson High School Roadrunners Advance to High School Championship - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game #43 Preview: Tucson at Rockford - Tucson Roadrunners
- TSN Adds Three More AHL Broadcasts - Belleville Senators
- TSN Adds Three Additional American Hockey League Broadcasts - AHL
- Goloubef Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Lagace Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Heat Take on Eagles in Divisional Battle - Stockton Heat
- Coyotes Acquire Pettersson from Nashville in Exchange for Dauphin and Helewka - Tucson Roadrunners
- Predators Acquire Helewka, Dauphin - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Trade for Trevor Yates - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Trade Trevor Yates to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Petgrave to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- T-Birds Swing Through Rochester and Toronto this Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Condors Go for 11 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Christian Djoos Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Jersey Auction and Star Wars Night During Two-Game Set against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, February 8 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Navigate 3-In-3 this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sabres Assign Nelson to Rochester on Conditioning Loan - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.