Penguins Trade for Trevor Yates
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have acquired forward Trevor Yates from the Grand Rapids Griffins in exchange for future considerations. Yates will report to the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Yates is a first-year pro who has amassed seven points (2G-5A) in 27 games with the ECHL's Toledo Walleye this season. He also appeared in two AHL games with Grand Rapids during the 2018-19 campaign, recording no points in that time.
The Beaconsfield, Québec native played with Penguins rookie forward Anthony Angello when the two were teammates at Cornell University during the 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons. Yates earned 32 goals and 33 assists for 65 points in 120 career NCAA games. He also played his prep school hockey with Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts, where he was a teammate of Penguins rookie forward Sam Lafferty.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tonight, Friday, Feb. 8, when it kicks continues its Midwest road trip against the Milwaukee Admirals. The Penguins' next home game is Saturday, Feb. 16 against the Utica Comets. Puck drop for Military Appreciation Night presented by MetLife between the Penguins and Comets is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual tickets for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, or by contacting the Penguins' offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the 20th season of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey, including full season, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV, which include live and archived games, begin at just $79.99 for the entire 2018-19 regular season. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2018-19 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2019
- Special Teams Fuel Overtime Defeat for Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Colorado Scores Four Unanswered to Defeat Heat, 4-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners' Offense Quiet in Rockford as Lengthy Trip Begins with a Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Penguins Defeat Admirals, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stockton Starts Hot, Falters Late in 4-2 Defeat - Stockton Heat
- Belzile Gets 100th AHL Point in 5-2 Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Slow Start Too Much to Overcome for Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bernier scores team-leading ninth power-play goal as Bridgeport comes up short of third straight road win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Rally in 3rd to Defeat Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunches Pack, 6-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sens Pick up Win in Laval - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Win 2-1 to Push Point Streak to 12 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Blank Wolf Pack, 6-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Score Five Unanswered in Comeback Win over Phantoms - Utica Comets
- Americans Earn Split of Season Series with T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Redmond Recalled from South Carolina - San Diego Gulls
- Graves Recalled to NHL, Boikov Returns to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Forward Matt Luff Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Jonas Siegenthaler Re-Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Tucson High School Roadrunners Advance to High School Championship - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game #43 Preview: Tucson at Rockford - Tucson Roadrunners
- TSN Adds Three More AHL Broadcasts - Belleville Senators
- TSN Adds Three Additional American Hockey League Broadcasts - AHL
- Goloubef Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Lagace Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Heat Take on Eagles in Divisional Battle - Stockton Heat
- Coyotes Acquire Pettersson from Nashville in Exchange for Dauphin and Helewka - Tucson Roadrunners
- Predators Acquire Helewka, Dauphin - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Trade for Trevor Yates - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Trade Trevor Yates to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Petgrave to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- T-Birds Swing Through Rochester and Toronto this Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Condors Go for 11 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Christian Djoos Recalled by Washington - Hershey Bears
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Jersey Auction and Star Wars Night During Two-Game Set against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, February 8 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Navigate 3-In-3 this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sabres Assign Nelson to Rochester on Conditioning Loan - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Lafferty's Hat Trick Helps Penguins to 5-4 Overtime Win over Phantoms
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms, 3-2
- Jarry's 38 Saves Force Overtime, But Penguins Lose, 1-0
- Weekly: Four Atlantic Division Games Populate Penguins' Upcoming Schedule
- Penguins Lose to Toronto, 4-2