Phoenix Rising FC Finishes Two-Match Road Swing in Los Angeles
Saturday, August 3rd -- at LA Galaxy II, 7:00 p.m.
Stream: ESPN + (U.S. viewers)
TV: Your PHX CW (channel 6 on cable and 61.1 on satellite & over-the-air)
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Phoenix Rising FC concludes its two-match road swing in Southern California for a matchup with LA Galaxy II this Saturday night with kickoff scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The match will air on YourPHX CW (channel 6 on cable and 61.1 on satellite & over-the-air) as well as ArizonaSports.com.
Rising FC comes into the match after setting a USL Championship record with the club's 11-straight win last Saturday night in Tulsa, Okla. The club downed Roughnecks FC, 1-0, thanks to a game-winning goal from Kevon Lambert in the second half.
During Phoenix Rising's 11-match winning streak, the club has outscored opponents 38-6 and collected seven clean sheets en route to a 2.9 average margin of victory. Where matches happen have not mattered either. The club has gone 6-0 at Casino Arizona Field and 5-0 away from home.
LA Galaxy II comes into the match in good form having won it's last two matches and going 3-1-1 in its last five contests. Last week, Los Dos downed Portland Timbers 2, 2-1, thanks to a game-winning goal five minutes into stoppage time from José Hernandez. The win put LA Galaxy II into a playoff position (8th in the standings with 29 points) but just one point ahead of the final playoff spot (Timbers 2 in 10th place).
This will be the first meeting of 2019 between the two clubs. Los Dos is the only remaining team in the Western Conference that Rising FC hasn't played yet. In that time, the club has already finished its season series with Austin Bold, Orange County SC, Tulsa Roughnecks, and Rio Grande Valley FC.
Fans can watch the match at one of two official watch parties: R.T. O'Sullivans in Scottsdale and Paz Cantina in Phoenix.
This will be the 15th all-time meeting between the two clubs with PHX's all-time record being 8-5-2.
PHX's last win in the series was on May 4, 2018.
PHX has won the last five matches after losing three straight before that.
A Little Bit About LA Galaxy II
The club's leading scorer is Kai Koreniuk with five goals in 18 appearances. Ethan Zubak and Augustine Williams are the team's second-leading scorers with four goals each.
Brian Iloski leads the team in assists with four.
A Little Bit About Phoenix Rising
Per Opta, the team's 7.1 team rating is tops in USL Championship.
PHX has outscored opponents 38-6 in its last 11 matches (all wins).
PHX has scored three or more goals in 12 of its last 20 matches.
Per Opta, PHX has created 52 big chances as a team, third-best in USL Championship.
PHX's 53 goals scored is tops in USL Championship.
Solomon Asante leads all of USL Championship in goals (14) and assists (11).
Zac Lubin leads the league in clean sheets (11).
Per Opta, Asante has the best average player rating at 8.25. He's the only player currently above 8. PHX also has three of the top ten rated players in the league (Asante, Bakero, Jahn, and Flemmings).
Per Opta, Asante leads the league in both chances created (14) and shots on target per match (2.1).
With their 1-0 win at Tulsa last weekend, Phoenix Rising set a club record for most consecutive road wins in a season (5). With a win this weekend, Phoenix Rising would break the league record for most consecutive road wins.
Not only is Phoenix Rising leading USL championship in goals (53) but the club's goal differential is also the best in the league by a wide margin. The club currently has a +36 goal differential, 13 goals better than the next highest total.
Pick your poison
Adam Jahn is making defenders very nervous when he gets the ball at his feet. Will he score a goal or will he assist on one? So far, he has scored a goal or notched an assist in 11 of the 12 last games.
Tracking ahead of pace
Through the first 20 matches of the season, Phoenix Rising has 44 points. In 2018, the club had 38 points through the first 20 matches of the season en route to setting a club record for points in a season.
Goal scoring pace
Phoenix Rising now has 53 goals scored through the first 20 matches of the season. In 2018, the club scored 34 goals through20 matches en route to setting the club record for goals in a season.
Iron Man Watch
Defender Amadou Dia remains the club's minutes leader with 1,620 minutes played. He's followed by Solomon Asante (1,604), Adam Jahn (1,552), Zac Lubin (1,530), and Mustapha Dumbuya (1,333) to round out the top five. 11 players total have logged 1,000 or more minutes this season.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 2, 2019
- Switchbacks FC Lose on a Late Goal to the Real Monarchs - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- ATL UTD 2 Defeats Loudoun United 4-2 - Atlanta United 2
- Fury FC Settles for Scoreless Draw on Long Weekend Eve - Ottawa Fury FC
- Legion FC Extends Shutout Streak to Earn a Valuable Point on the Road - Birmingham Legion FC
- Loudoun United Fall 4-2 on the Road against Atlanta United 2 - Loudoun United FC
- STLFC Falls 2-0 to New York Red Bulls II - Saint Louis FC
- LouCity Travels to Charlotte to Take on Independence - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC, Liam Doyle Agree to Mutually Part Ways - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising Calls up Jordan Jones from FC Tucson - Phoenix Rising FC
- Nashville SC Not Taking Swope Park Rangers Lightly Ahead of Saturday's Clash - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC Takes Momentum to Pittsburgh - Memphis 901 FC
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC at Swope Park Rangers - Nashville SC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Heads to the Tar Heel State for Rematch vs. North Carolina FC - Indy Eleven
- Time Changed for Legion FC V. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Sunday, October 20 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Memphis 901 FC Adds Marcus Epps from New York Red Bulls - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Hosts Sacramento Republic FC in Key Saturday Matchup - San Antonio FC
- Phoenix Rising FC Finishes Two-Match Road Swing in Los Angeles - Phoenix Rising FC
- Energy FC and Tulsa Roughnecks Battle for the Wrench in the Black Gold Derby Tomorrow - OKC Energy FC
- Match Preview: Toros Host Second Place Reno 1868 FC as Chase for Playoffs Continues - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Match Preview: #CHSvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- New England Homegrown Talent Added to Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Austin Bold FC Hosts Military Knight August 10 - Austin Bold FC
- Midfielder Rony Argueta Suspended by the U.S. Soccer Federation - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Western Conference Final Tonight vs. El Paso
- Phoenix Rising Game Notes
- Rick Schantz Resumes as Phoenix Rising FC Head Coach
- Rising Advance to Western Conference Finals with 5-4 Win in Penalties
- Rising looks to advance to Western Conference Final Tonight vs. Reno 1868